IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
7,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody following the saga of T.O.? I usually don't pay much attention to crybaby millionaires who have an inflated sense of entitlement and overinflated egos, but he does (or did, rather) play for my beloved Eagles.
I was wary when they signed him, but as of this time last year he looked like the answer to the Eagles' (and my) prayers. Finally, a playmaker who could get them over the top. Or so I thought.
Now he's nearly crawling on his belly, begging for his job back. Or at least pretending to. I was applauding the Eagles for giving him the boot, but part of me would like to see T.O. gorge himself on crow, strap the pads back on and do what he does best. Or second best, if you count being a malcontent as a skill.
Some people are blaming Philly because of Owens' contract, but hey, he signed it. Football is a business, and it looks like the Eagles made a good business decision.

· Registered
10,870 Posts
Waste of space... :hoboy:

T.O. is nothing but an overpaid, whiny, backstabbing crybaby who has an over-inflated ego and a mouth to boot!! Good for Philly for tossing him...i'd have done the same thing. He acts like the world owes him a favor for being as good as he is. I'm not saying he doesn't have talent...he does. Extremely talented player. But when your ego is as big as your football field...you're gonna have problems.

:applause: :applause: Andy Reid and the Eagles organization...I support you 200% :applause: :applause: Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya T.O. :smash: :smash:

-jokester

· Registered
640 Posts
He is a physical specimen who is hands down the best WR in NFL. To bad he acts like a high school kid. He will play again, but it will be next year in a different uniform.

Sucks for Philly, they really needed him to be contenders.

· Registered
8,349 Posts
Sucks for Philly, they really needed him to be contenders.
I respectfully disagree. They needed a all-pro wide receiver that fit on their TEAM to be contenders. TO is all about TO, and look what it has done to them. You get what you pay for, even if you pay too much. Good on the Eagles to recognize what they hate to admit - no amount of talent can make up for the disruption to the team he has created.

Can you imagine him playing for Cowher???

· Registered
2,743 Posts
He may be good but here sure is dumb. His agent is even a bigger fool. He should not have signed the contract if he was not satisfied. That is where this all started. He claims it is about his 100 td catch but it only leads to money. He wants more. Too bad TO. You signed a contract now play ball. But it looks like somewhere else. Management might want him gone but what do the fans think?

I don't know because I live in Portland. He probably has the Rasheed factor going on. Some hate him others want him to stay.

· Registered
14,793 Posts
Sounds like he would be a prime canidate to make a career change and join the Blazers :laugh:.
That's exactly what I was thinking. :laugh: I read the article on his "apology" today. Anyone can read whatever his agent writes on a piece of paper. What would he say no to make anyone believe that he would all of a sudden change his behavior and attitude. Too bad all that talent is wasted on that big-mouth. So long TO!

CrF

· Banned
1,275 Posts
I couldnt agree more jett'in fool :applause:. B.O. will be a cancer to any team that picks him up, his head and his hassles are far greater than what talent he has. maybe he can go into broadcasting, him and "slimetime" sanders could have their own show!! :argue:

· Banned
1,275 Posts
WOW, moss & b.o. , there isnt a stadium in the country that could hold both of their heads at the same time.

· Registered
7,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can you imagine him playing for Cowher???
No. But maybe that's what he needs. Keyshawn Johnson left the Bucs during a similar situation. "See ya, write when you find work!" :wave: And where does he wind up? Dallas, under Bill Parcells, who is arguably the biggest disciplinarian (and control freak) in the NFL. He'd played for Parcells before, so he must've known what he was doing. And he's been a choir boy ever since. Sometimes head cases just need a change of scenery.
But Andy Reid is no pushover. That's why his bootprint is on T.O's keister. And if poor Terrell gets a contract with another team next year, it'll be a one year deal with no big signing or roster bonus. Which would explain his rather suddenly contrite attitude. :rolleyes:

· Vendor
2,720 Posts
ok, this morning on ESPN, Cowherd made a comment regarding T.O. that I thought stirred the pot some. Abbreviated he stated that a person in any profession that thinks they are smarter than their boss, more talented, and could do it better often starts their own business. When this happens, we say the person has guts and yep, that was a smart move, best of the best, they'll do good. When an sports star who is also the best of the best does it, they cannot go out and start their own business, or own team. (hard to play 1 on 11) so, are we jealous of the money, or just harder on the sports players? BTW, I think most sports players are spoiled brats. :cheers:

· Vendor
2,720 Posts
Its the morning talk show host..
Anyhow, This also reminded me of something.
Philadelphia (PA) - A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a Philadelphia Pa courtroom drama this morning when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible. The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.
After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.
After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Philadelphia Eagles, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone without T.O.
:applause: :jester:

· Banned
1,275 Posts
to be the "best of the best"in football you have to be a TEAM player, b.o. is far from a team player, this said I think b.o. is far from being the "best of the best", I would agree that he had the potential but blew it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.