IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking the family down to Ten Mile Lake this weekend and staying with some (nonfishing) friends at their cabin on the lake. The guy says he has a little fishing boat at the cabin. He is picking me up in his ski boat at the County park in Lakeside and says we have to go thru the canal(?) to get to his cabin.

I obviously would like to do some fishing along with my kids. What's the best thing to do to get the kids some fish??
I am not a big bass fisherman but do have a little gear and a lot of worms. How about Catfishing?? trolling for trout??

Any and all help greatly appreciated. :cheers:

Also I heard something about 10 Mile Creek having Salmon & Steelhead. Are they running yet???

I'll post on the bass site also.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Tenmile Lake has a good run of wild coho but is way too early yet for them. Our district biologist was pushing for a modest consumptive fishery on them this year along with the two lakes in his district Siltcoos and Takenich.

Mike Gray district bio for Tenmile backed out because of some political static from the local watershed council in tenmile. The other two lakes in Bob's district could be open this fall/winter for wild coho harvest. It has been aproved so far and waiting on the slow beuracratic actions of NOAA to put it out for public review. I just called NOAA on this matter today.

As for current fisheries on Tenmile Lake you can contact Bill Pickney at the Sportsman in Florence.

249 Highway 101, Florence, OR 97439
(541) 997-3336

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Bob'r down, there are a few crawdads but we haven't had any luck trapping them. But maybe someone else knows more about that. As far as getting the kids into fish, we caught a bunch of perch and bluegill, and a few crappie off our dock a month ago. We just used crappie jigs off the dock. White seems to be one of the best colors for us. Oh, and we picked up several trout on the same setup and same place!!

There are drag boat races this weekend, so there are just a couple of windows of time to get out from the county dock on saturday and sunday. I'm sure your friend probably already knows this.

Hope this helps. Have a good time! It is so nice down there!!

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Try Coleman Arm on the South Lake for Largemouth bass. I spent a summer over there working for a Doctor remodeling his Cabin/Home.

Great fishing about now.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dipnet: Thanks for the heads up on the races. I like boat races but will check out the windows of opportunity as you suggest. I'll still try a crawdad trap just in case (it's easy money if it works)!!

RougeFisher: I don't know but sounds like i'm gonna be on the north part of the lake(??) with a slow boat to fish out of so I don't know if I'll make it that far but we'll see. What did you use to catch them big doggies??

Anyone catfish down there?????????

Thanks guys, this site is the best Jennie :dance: to get info from some great people when you are totaly clueless (like me) :grin:

bob'r down

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I forgot to mention that we caught bass and a catfish from the dock too! They were also caught on a crappie jig!!

Dipnet :grin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts