IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Just a reminder to not give up on that URB chrome that is still swimming up the Columbia river :cool: .

What a great day. 2 fish in the box, 1 released befor its due date and 5 other "Drive By's." Not so bad for this time of year. All in 55' of whater on Blue/Chrome Alvins.

39# of chrome for the Hog Hunter.

Hogback's 27# of chrome.

Another view of 39# of Chrome

Yet another proud moment.

And oh yes....must I forget the precious cargo.

I just also want to mention that my buddy Hogback had a great idea at the boat ramp and gave his fish away to a couple of nice bank people that were fishing at the St. Helens Boat Basin.

Randy, your a great person to be associated with.

[ 09-27-2003, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: crabbait ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Way to go KHH! :cheers:

Did you get both of those in that same spot or did you move? If it was that spot lets keep it in the family :wink: :grin:

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shane, that is affirmitive. No problem bro. It was great fishing next to you guys today.

Way to go on your catch.

That was my biggest Salmon of the year. It was very hot fish as well.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Great Terry :cheers:

That is the area I have been hammering the fish in this year... very productive :grin: :wink:

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shane,

Thanks for putting up with us.

Shout out to XTC - Congrats to your dad. Those were some nice fish :cheers: .

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Nice fish guys :cheers:

Looks like were getting a jump start on the whole Zip Lip spots again. Starting to sound like springer season all over agin :rolleyes:

Nice haul......

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
nice fish Terry!!!
when i grow up i wanna catch fish just like you!

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey TB,

Give me a call, I got my Umitilla draws. We need to talk about that.

H20Dog - Roger, lets hook up sometime. I hope to make the next steelheader meeting on the 16th. Do you make the 1st one??? I you want to fish URB's up at Bonnieville let me know, I got somewhat of a decent report from there that fishing is picking up there.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Terry, I missed the first meeting, I was sweltering in Cancun. Was able to do a little fishing on the Carribbean which was really cool (even though it was the off season). I plan on making the next meeting. I agree, we should hook up and put some notches on our tags, that would be too cool. I've only fished bonney for sturge so it would be a great learning experience for me. you know my work number, give me a call.

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Roger,

I am taking Shawn & his dad tomorrow. He is in from SF so I will post a report.

I will definately see you at the next meeting barring I don't get called out of town and we will definately get up there.

G

·
Originally posted by 5-Cents:
Way to go KHH! :cheers:

Did you get both of those in that same spot or did you move? If it was that spot lets keep it in the family :wink: :grin:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">I dunooooooooo ........
:rolleyes: :laugh:

Nice haul!

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks ******.

Even a couple of doughballers like hogback & I can catch fish in a year like this.

I just feel fortunate that I was observant and found that secret spot 5 Cents was fishing at.

If it wasn't for that I would have been skunked for the whole year :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just kidding Shane :grin: .

FYI - Hogback and I are so desperate for Salmon and we catch so few that he so kind to give those nice people on the bank fishing the 26#'s of Crome.

War Team Hogback & War keeping secret honey holes in the family.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
That was very generous and sporty of you Terry and Randy for giving up the chrome. Hat's off to you guys, that my friend is what seperates the real men from the ungrateful boys :cheers:

Nothin like seeing some good ole Southern hospitality on a river sometimes full of grumpy tight lipped fishermen

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
Nice fish and very nice of you to share the wealth.

Make sure that when you give fish away you provide a note stating that you have given them the fish and include your license/tag numbers.

Hate to see nice folks get a ticket.

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmmm.... Crabbait, you make a good point.

That would surely be a bummer if those nice people would have had to pay for that but they were leaving when we were.

What do the people do when when they buy from the roadsides from the Native Americans?

******, hillbilly/redneck stock is always good stock. At least thats what uncle daddy & aunt mamma always told me back home in the holler as I was walking up those snow covered hills both ways to go to school and achieve that diploma from graduating 6th grade :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

G

·
7 generations, both sides of the family, Manchester and London, Kentucky. Don't know about redneck, but you don't get more Hillbilly than that. :blush: :grin:

Looking at our family history, the tree got much too straight, with too few branches, it scared me and I stopped. :shocked: :laugh:

Shut up Get Bent. :tongue:

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmmm.... Manchester & London???? Being the half way educated hillbilly I am, some folk may think you were talking about England ******...

However, I know better :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Actually, I have to admit I was born in Lebanon.... and no not the country. Thats in Marion Co. Kentucky.

Regarding family tree ****** .... have you ever been to Fossel, John Day, Iragon, Condon ....etc.... I have been to all those big places, thats why Oregon feels like home :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Have a great day all, off to the CR for now to chase down more Hogs......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts