IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my brothers two girls fishing for trout out on a nice lake close to home for the day. What started out as fun, turned into lots of fun. While I was putting the ole worm on a hook I placed the worm in my mouth and told the girls that my doing this it would make the worm talk to the fish in the water and make you catch more fish. We...be-hold, within 5 minutes guess who got the first fish on..me...within the next 10 minutes I was pulling up the girls lines and they were plopping worms in their mouths. If you knew these two little one they would NEVER do this on their own...When they got home they wanted the left over worms and they then proceeded to run to all the neighbors and thoss worms in their mouth. Need-less to say, I have been counseled by my brother and will now be on supervised fishing trips in the future.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
My guess is you are the uncle who gives them the finger paints, magic markers, sidewalk chalk, noisy contraptions etc, for birthdays and holiday gifts! That is a great pic, that one goes in the book.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :grin:

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Ha- bet that won't last many years! My wife won't even touch Power Bait! :grin:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
now that`s the way to break em in!!
how did you get them to do that? mine freaks at even an ant.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
155 Posts
:bowdown: I can hardly stand baiting my own hook with a lively wiggly worm...I can't imagine acutally putting that wiggly thing in my mouth!!!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
WOW! I did the same thing a few days ago. We did not give the bait a spit bath though.

Aint it just fun!!!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Awesome!A great fishing story and a picture to boot. I figure I've inadvertently eaten about a jar of sardine bait butter just by having it on my fingers and then eating chips, my sandwich, etc. so this doesn't gross me out at all!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Now we know the secret to Amerman's eggs, why fish bite those so well when compared to our junky "other" cures.

:laugh: :grin: :laugh:

SKP

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
From this point on you will be refered to as the "favorite uncle" by the kids and
"that damned brother of yours" by your sister-in-law!!

Don't ask me how I know these things!! :wink:

Great Picture!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

-assAssin-

[ 05-22-2003, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: fish assassin ]

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh, yes....I am that trouble-some brother/uncle, but all in a very good way, the creative one....It was Timothy Lake we did catch several nice trout. My only fear is what do I do when the girls are ready to go salmon fishing, not sure I am man or fool enough to be putt'en sand shrimp or other salmon type bait in the ole mouth...

Next trip they are going to be learning to tie on their own tackle, and guess what they know the difference between spinners and flat-fish ect. now, Its great they always are asking "when we going fishing again", Taking them Shad fishing over the weekend then saving the sahd for a crabing trip.....

Those who have taken kids fishing know the joy it brings and one thing I have learned you have to make it fun, and most import take them when YOU know you can catch fish easy, kids don't care what kind of fish they catch...its just catching and the excitemnt they enjoy that will "hook" them for life and give them the resepct for our great natural resourses...

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Yep, I raised my four kids fishing on the ocean when possible, in lakes and
ponds when not. I've also introduced fishing to vaious nieces, nephews, cousins
and now *grand children*!! There is nothing quite like the glow in a kids eyes when
they catch thier first fish!

This past summer I got to take my niece out for her very first ocean salmon trip.
She had never been on the ocean, never caught a fish. She is in her mid-thirties.
Her husband fishes all the time. We started catching Silvers and he grabbed the
rod the first three times it went off!! I told him he had to sit his scrawny behind
down and let somebody else have a chance!

So I'm standing at the back wheel station just kinda watching the rods when I saw
the tell-tale pump-pump-pump-zing!!! I knew that one had to be a Chinook. I grabbed
the rod and set the hook, the whole time yelling for my niece to take the rod from
me. I handed her the rod as she walked out of the wheelhouse and the fish drug her
all the way across the back deck! She fought the fish for about 20 minutes and
finally landed a nice 23lb. 'nookie!!

At one point in the fight (after about the third or fourth run) her husband asked
if she wanted to let him land the fish FOR her. Her answer? "Get away from me!
This is MY fish!!"

The fish was the biggest on the boat that day and she caught it all by herself! :grin: :grin:

Every once in a while for the rest of the day (we also had a family picnic that day
at Depoe Bay) she would walk by him and yank his chain with "I got the BIGGEST fish
on the boat today"! :grin: One of the best experiences for me for last summer!

-assAssin-

1 - 20 of 21 Posts