·
Registered
22,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Way to stay with it Ron. Good Form! :cheers:

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think we (plug cut and I)saw you when the wind kicked up. We were in a 18' Blue Alumaweld sled and darn near hit you guys. We also lost one fish due to other boaters not pulling up around us with a big fish running at their lines...

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Good Job Husker :cheers:

Too bad the mighty Cornhuskers got beat by the black and gold last weekend. I can't say much though, Bama is 3-3.

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
Naassh ffeeeeccchhh homer, I would have given you some magic thread if you would have asked even if you did bad mouth the ducks. once in a while it's kind of fun to play bumper boats.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
I would like to profess my great ability to catch fish. NOT!!I have not been part of team carrots and as such have not had there great successes of this year. :depressed: SO yesterday starts off in the typical manner probably fishing in the wrong place. Tidewater to exact, we got up early headed down for some bobber fishing. No problem but you guessed it no fish. Either the fish havent moved up or are shooting through like gunshots.

After a time we decided to head to the bay for some spinner fishing. Once we get to the bay we find fish on, definitely a good sign for team husker.

Heres where my typical day starts. If it can go wrong it will go wrong. Fish on woo hoo, NOT its a snag dam tree limb got me. Then another snag up. Shesh can anything else go wrong? Of course this is team husker. The wind and rain kick up. For some reason my trolling skills or maybe my boat configuration sucks, but everytime the wind blows I go sideways. Oh no sideways and I am in the big squeeze, I try to maintain control of course, but I totally have somebody wanting to slap me as I bump there boat. Sorry dude! More pain comes as the wind kicks up again sideways I go. This time I manage to control her so we dont play bumper boats again but Jordan has got his line wrapped up in the kicker prop and he's screaming at me to kill the motor. :mad: So we are out of the fish again. Kill motor regroup and go back to fishing. I swear it took me 2 hours to get through all of the trama I have been talking about while trolling.

Later I see Nuetron hook up and lose a fish. Not a bad sign but still no fish for me. We talk with ****** and he and get bent guy have a fish. Good job guys. Later Nuetron gets a fish, big buck good job also!

Trolling spinners isnt being productive and we are seeing fish being caught on kwiks. No problem we can change to kwiks we have sardines but no stcky thread no light light line to use for faking it. ARG!! We'll deal with it. Take the sardine and just rub the darn thing up real good. Works great fis on!. Nope fish off!! :mad: Line broke kwik is gone arg!!! Not sure what happened but time to move on and try again. One more kwik out rubbed dwon the same with sardine. Woo Hoo fish on and ripping off line. We got this fish after chasing it around about 5 boats. ANother tough day for team husker but in the end we got over all of the elements!!
Even team husker finds a diamond in the rough

[ 10-13-2003, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: husker ]

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
nice fish, sounds like a tough day.

the racing stripe on the fish adds a nice touch!

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Just goes to show you Husker if you keep those lines wet sooner or later you will get a fish :grin:

Way to keep your lines wet :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
Here ya go Ron, a blurry pic of Brian's 44# buck with the lie shops scale.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts