IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was anchored at the mouth today ,WE boated three lost one and had a few other takedowns.Kept one nice 25Lb chinook,eggs are curing as I type.All our fish and bites were on Brass and red spiners.Boat next to us also got into some fish.Outside boat did Well for oversize.Bank anglers faired well on bobber and eggs.Not a great day but better than sitting at home!

R.R. :smile:

P.S. Hooked two oversize on spinners also,not expected

·
Registered
448 Posts
Do any of the bankies catch any worth keeping? It seems like all the fish I saw today were really red (I wouldn't eat them). Or, is this a primarily catch and release show? I know some people take them for the mature eggs but that is a waste to me.

I was standing right behind a guy today that was trying to gill snag the ugliest darkest fish I've seen. I asked him if he would eat that thing and he replied, "No". He left it alone and as I walked away, he tried to snag it again. I really can't figure that out? Anyways, I met a state trooper that was coming down the stairs and I informed him of the situation. He seemed interested but I don't know if he did anything. I had my two little boys and didn't want to stick around to see if any festivities came of it.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we did see one crome bright coho caught, and a few nice chinook.I would say about 20% were worth keeping.Lots of fun to fight though.We called the state tropper we watched a guy fishing up in the creek (closed) not hiding the fact that he was snaging.He left just befor the trooper showed up.

R.R.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts