IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I love fishing Drano just never fished it for steelhead, I here its good, what works well if anyone will tell me, Im willing to trade some lower CR salmon tips for info. Im going on August 8th thanks.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Get some quality shrimp and cure them up with with your favorite recipe. Find bottom in the channel and set your bobber stopper 1 foot up. Watch your bobber close and when she dips, set her hard. An advantage to using a super line is that they float. Makes it easier on a hook set. Mono tends to sink and you get a bow in it, requiring you to reel up slack fast before setting the hook. A longer rod is also an advantage. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Hey I've got a question that I've always wondered about.

When fishing for steelies at night in the channel (sitting on anchor), do you have to leave your boat lights on all night? Do people periodically fire up the engine to charge the batteries? I don't want to run my batteries down.

Just curious. Thanks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot, I remember doing that in there for Kings and kikin some butt, I love fishing bobbers, it should make it easy for him, I hear its been pretty good. Thanks for your help. if anyone else knows anything feel free.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Bounty Hunter, I would just use a lantern, there cant be that much traffic out there at night, but then again Ive never fished it at night. A lantern should be sufficient for the boats to see you.

·
Registered
147 Posts
if4u not to rear to have 20-30 boats out at night and thats not counting us that drag plug your light draws vary littel power and if you have a marine battery no problem but feel free to fire up the boat and make sure

get the old man some fish us old guys like it when the kids get us into fish :wink:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
It is a requirement for boaters at anchor to have a white light on. The channel is deeper then 10 feet. You will see where everyone is wrapped around the channel, back around the point. Good luck and be safe! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
A few but it gets real crowded in the back bay. Best to stay from the bridge to the center of the lake. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
what do ya use to troll at nite??? magwarts? same colors as you would use in the day??? or??? thanks in advance :cheers:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
That lake is a great place to pull lighted vortexes and lighted K-13'S. They will out perform any other lure at night! I will travel for Salmon but prefer to let the Steelies come to me at McNary. I can't wait till they get here! :cheers:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone, good advice, I think ill try some of my homemade spinners too, maybe shallow downrigger in the chnnel, hmmmmm, rogue style. Itll be fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts