IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All,
I had a spectacular day drifting the Clack :grin: the other day. Left the poles at home on one of the HOT days last week and took the kids from Carver to Clackamette, we spent the time swimming, and filling the boat with river TRASH. As we ALL know in beer bottles alone I was loaded down. It was sad :mad: . I always spend the time on the river with the kids fishing and spend my day trying to find fish for them. This time was a kick. I was able to really spend the time enjoying the river, stopping on an island we named after one of the boys for a BarBQ. I was able to teach the kids about taking care of the river we as a family use almost every week. This summer take some advice from your uncle Fire do it, you and your kids will love it.
Fire :cheers:

·
Vendor
3,681 Posts
Way to go Fire! Sounds like you had a great day :grin: Your kids are lucky to have a Dad who will spend time like that with them :cheers: I always try to pick up trash as well when Im on the river. What I dont get is why people throw it there to start with :mad: Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Great idea FITH!
Spending the day with the family, teaching them respect for the river. Too bad more people didn't follow your example ('more people' being the slobs that leave the garbage in the first place). :cheers: to you and your family.

RF

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
That sounds like a great day out on the water with the Kids. It is very nice to enjoy the fmaily and the water.

·
Administrator
119,603 Posts
That is awesome! Thanks from all of us!
What fun!
Jen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts