IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you still boatless? If so are you busy Thurs. or Fri.? Have boat would like some company.
Randy

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Hi Randy,
I'm still boatless and would love to fish Thursday or Friday but they have us working a six day week this week. I would however like to hook maybe next Thursday or Friday for a nook slaughter. Would that work for you? Nice looking ride you got there :bowdown:

How bout it Kentucky Hog Hunter, you think you could make it as well

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next week should work out ok. I can fish any days until the first of Oct. Terry is out of town on business and should be back to fish the weekend. We are thinking of moving our efforts up river a bit for the weekend you interested in Sat. or Sun?
Randy
PS Terry I know you are reading this where ever you are what do you think?

3,877 Posts
randy & Chris,

Its late and I am still in Boise. Get back tomorrow around 1PM.

Bonneville or St. Helens or Gobel, that is the question. The tides are right for the morning this weekend but this St.Helens & Gobel thing is going to flame out soon.

So many choices. what about Garibaldi. I heard it was good down there last weekend for some.

Chris, we'll see about next week. I have done 6 cities in the last 5 weeks and I am in town all next week but I start back to school next Friday & Saturday.

We'll figure something out.

Randy, I know you called this evening but I was doing the dinner thing with the customer and by time I got back to the hotel itt was late.

I'll get in touch with you guys tomorrow.

Hey, I have an idea
, lets go grouse hunting. Randy, get hold of your son and lets do that sometime soon with those awesome dogs.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
If you guys like grouse hunting, you need to come spend a day in my neck of the woods. I have some prime spots that produce enough grouse and quail to give your scatter guns a work out. The best part is it's 15 minutes from my house. I have a springer spaniel that needs to stretch her legs as well.

Randy- I'm game next week and even on the weekend as well. I have wanted to hook up with you guys for awhile now but for some reason it's just never panned out. We need to discuss future plans for a tuna hunt as well

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris
Talked to Terry this AM not sure where to go yet but we are going somewhere. Terry said he would be home about 2 this afternoon. Give one of us a call so we can hash out the particulars. The bird hunting sounds great. From what Terry said you live close to my son. He has permission to hunt a private pond for geese and ducks not a super productive spot but not bad.
Randy (503)372-8833

3,877 Posts
Hey Chris,

Bird hunting, the sooner the better. You mentioned you have a springer.I am looking at thiss breed very carefully because I am in line to get onee from a reputible breeded. However, Randy's son has 2 German Shorthairs and they are awesome animals.

Lets talk soon about this.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Randy- Where does your son live?

Terry- "The sooner the better," you betcha. I'll be hunting Friday morning before work and possibly Saturday depending if my boat is enroute back or not. Maggie is a great upland dog with a nose that is almost unmatched. She doesn't like water so that puts a damper in my duck hunt. She does work out great for jump shooting though. She isn't 100 percent springer. I wanted a lab and a springer but didn't have the time for both. It took me awhile but I finally found a springer/lab mix. Weird it sounds but a beautiful well behaved companion she is. You will have to see her hunt and experience her nose to fully appreciate her.

We all should hook up a fishing trip for mid next week and plan a hunting trip while we slaughter some nooks

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He lives in McMinnville, not to sure if thats how you spell it but that's where he lives.
Randy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts