IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the water be off color at all on Sat. AM or should the runoff help bring in more fish. (David Johnson)do you think it will be fishable early before the winds come up in afternoon, anyone live down there to get first hand report...Thankyou... :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Administrator
119,648 Posts
HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
ORZ001>013-WAZ019>023-039-040-111300-

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PORTLAND OR
600 AM PDT FRI OCT 10 2003

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTHWEST OREGON AND SOUTHWEST
WASHINGTON.

.DAY ONE... TODAY

THE PROBABILITY OF HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS LOW.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN... SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY

ANOTHER STRONG WEATHER SYSTEM WILL HEAD TOWARD BRITISH COLUMBIA
SATURDAY. GALE FORCE WINDS ARE LIKELY ALONG THE COAST SATURDAY. SEAS
OF 25 TO 30 FEET ARE POSSIBLE ALONG THE COAST SATURDAY NIGHT AND
SUNDAY AND WILL LIKELY REQUIRE THE ISSUANCE OF A HIGH SURF ADVISORY.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

WEATHER SPOTTERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO REPORT SIGNIFICANT WEATHER
CONDITIONS TO THEIR LOCAL NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE OFFICE.

$$

3,877 Posts
ANOTHER STRONG WEATHER SYSTEM WILL HEAD TOWARD BRITISH COLUMBIA
SATURDAY. GALE FORCE WINDS ARE LIKELY ALONG THE COAST SATURDAY. SEAS
OF 25 TO 30 FEET ARE POSSIBLE ALONG THE COAST SATURDAY NIGHT AND
SUNDAY AND WILL LIKELY REQUIRE THE ISSUANCE OF A HIGH SURF ADVISORY.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">I think that says it all :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: . I am heading to the Columbia tomorrow and not deal with the wind & seaweed.

Good luck and most of all be careful.

3,877 Posts
John,

I know I have 2 friends that are on their way there right now and planning to fish today & the weekend. However, they will be relegated to the bay because tidewater has an incoming tide in the better part of the morning & afternoon and although there are some who will fish tidewater on the incoming I prefer outgoing.

The upper bay (Oyster House, Picket Fence & Sheeps Coral) is probably a good bet with spinners and somewhat isolates you from the wind. However, this will be a very crowded show given it is October 10th and the calendar dictates heavy weekend crowds.

Best of luck if you go.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Hog Hunter I have a day off work so hope weather stays good at least until noonish... :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll be in a Starcraft 16 ft. Name Happy ours beigh with short white top... :grin: :grin: :grin:

[ 10-10-2003, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Sturgeon 42 ]

·
Registered
733 Posts
Ill be in that blue lazy boy sitting next to the warm fireplace watching the rain fall on my securely tarped boat... i envy you foul weather types... sips his hot chocolate and turns on the game... joco

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Fished the oyster house area and beyond today. We end up 3 for 5. 18lb,a bit dark. 20lb Bright. 22lb fresh form the ocean (Chrome) Did not hear of a single fish caught out of the Trask today. All our came from the other river that starts with a T??????

It was a beautiful day NO RAIN and not much wind.
We tried a little of everything. Ended up with 2 anchored up with Kwikies and lost one. Green with green tiger stripes. Got one on spinners and lost one. (Lemon lime) All in all it was a slow day. I wiil see if the picture turned out and post them later.

I even got a legal size gator on a wrapped kwik fish. No we didn't keep it. Dam barbed hooks.

Good luck and tight lines.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know about the bad weather coming already I will be careful and if its to bad when I get there I just come home and if I fish and it gets bad I come in and go home....hopefully with some fish... :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Administrator
41,369 Posts
Man, I'd stay away from the salty end of the bay today!

TONIGHT...SW WIND 30 KT... WIND WAVES 6 FT... W SWELL 18 FT BUILDING RAPIDLY TO 33 FT IN THE EVENING WITH PERIOD OF 12 SECONDS.

33 feet at 12 seconds! That will certainly rearrange some rocks. Could someone park on the jetty with their headlights on so I can watch on the BarView web cam? :grin: :shocked:

[ 10-11-2003, 06:18 AM: Message edited by: Pete ]

·
Registered
441 Posts
Do you guys think that tomorrow wil be calmer in the bay? Or should I stay home and chase silvers on the Sandy??? :whazzup:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Hey Pete did you get my last email?

And a second question what is the url to the webcame? I used to have it but have lost it somehwere?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts