IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a lot of experience in the bay and have a few questions. I have put my sled in at Memaloose and trolled that area. I guess out to the picked fence. If you put in at Garibaldi where do you go from there? Is the Ghost Hole easy to get too? How do you get to the Sheeps Coral? Are there any maps available for the bay?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Try a search in the archives there should be a ton of info...if you have a sled you don't have to much to worry about,you can get to the holes. If you don't find anything,put up another post and will get you directions.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Stop by Tillamook Bait on Wilson river loop north of Tillamook. Marie has an aerial photo of Tillamook Bay at low tide. Excellent view of the entire bay and it's channels. Her or the Captain will point out the fishing holes and how to reach them from Garibaldi's marina.

Good luck

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
The ghostt hole is accessable from either launch, But you better know the channel. Sheeps corral is just out a ways from the picket fence. Again anywhere you go you better know the channels. I saw 2 boats high and dry on friday.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
The run from Memaloose to Ghost hole has a zig in it . I see big sleds up on sand at low tide all time. There are a set of stcks in sand to help mark the channel . This area shot is from 94 to give you a idea. The Garibaldi has a minus tide photo for 10 bucks to use as a guide. See ghost hole and west channel since flood changes.

http://terraserver-usa.com/printimage.aspx?T=1&S=14&X=134&Y=1574&Z=10&W=1&P=4+km+S++of+Bay+City%2c+Oregon%2c+United+States&D=18+Jul+1994&O=4512325SE&Lon=-123.8908&Lat=45.5099

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I have a 19ft. Super Vee with a 150 h.p. pump. If you put in at Garibaldi is the channel marked over to the Ghost Hole or any of the other locations? Can you run safely when the tide is in?

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Run straight out to bay from Garibaldi , do not short cut across Miami cove. Once you up to coast gaurd bar warning lights can you run to point next to highway . The Ghost hole has USS Head mored right next to it. The floating porta potties are in Ghost hole on east side bay , and crab harbor on west. The Sheeps pen is set of Pilings out front Bay city , where the flats start across to the Picket Fence.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
A lot of the answer would depend on your boat/engine.

From Garibaldi you can easily reach ocean, north jetty, coast guard hole, ghost hole and if you want to take the time can get to sheeps corral and picket fence. Heck all the way over to memaloose if you want. but boat speed and knowledge of the channels are going to play a VERY BIG role in success. It gets very shallow between Ghost Hole and Memaloose. Be careful and don't assume the the person cruising ahead of you is running a prop!

EK

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info and arial shot of the bay. That is a great shot! It looks like you better know the channels before you venture across. Hope to track it with my GPS next week. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts