IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone crab t-bay this week? Is it worth it to take the pots or should I just play with the fish?

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
You better stay home and go to bed. It's gunna get dark REAL early! :grin:

PS- Pete got way to many keepers(2X limit) in 2 pots/2hrs Tuesday in T-bay. :smile:

·
Administrator
41,361 Posts
Nice story, Mel! :grin: And nearly true! I did throw a lot of keepers back in the bay, though after less than 2 hours. Whatcha gonna do when you're tagged out and limited by 9 AM?

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How's the water lookin? I heard it was a bit muddy. True? Guess I'll take the pots over. Ya never know. Hopefully Pete left a fish or two out there for me.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Steelhead22,

What bait was working at Netarts? Were you crabbing near the mouth of the bay or by the marina. I'm thinking of making a trip on sunday, would appreciate any info.

-G16

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
We have always used Shad. That seems to work the best. Hope to get out this next week but not too sure. Hurt my back yesterday pulling in a large keeper sturgeon, and a nice little silver.

Hope to see you down there.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Hi Bernie,
Crabbed and fished t bay today with Kingfisher and ended up with only 10 nice crabs and Zero fish. I didn't even get a chance to cracker one off. :shocked: I would still say to try to get out there and enjoy the beautiful day. I would also try to pick up some Jen's lipstick color and make as she had landed a nice one today. Good luck out there. :cheers:

:smile: Smily :smile:

[ 10-25-2003, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Smily ]

·
Banned
2,392 Posts
G16-

I usually like to use shad, it's hands downt the best bait out there. But, I was getting rid of some coho and steelhead carcasses I had in the freezer this past Thursday. We were down near the marina. All of our crabs were caught just before and at high slack. Every time we pulled 'em they were FULL of crabs. Once the tide started out, we pulled all four traps with a combined total of about 5 or 6 little one in them. What I'm trying to say is, make sure you there on the incoming tide and through high slack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts