IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heading down to tillamook to crab, anyone doing any good? dont have my pots anymore... do you advice bait boxes wired in the rings to keep seals out or do you ring folks even worry much about the seals. been spoiled with my pots in the past,not much experience with crab rings! any hints? what area of t-bay do you prefer? how much time do you leave rings down?

thanks for any help and advice you can share!

·
Registered
175 Posts
If seals are a problem use cheap chicken. Just wire them to the center bottom and pull every 15 minutes. Keeps you busy and is as good as almost any bait. :smile:

·
Administrator
41,361 Posts
Seals are rarely a problem in TBay. I'd suggest using shad, dropping your rings in an area called Crab Harbor and checking every 15 minutes. I assume your using a boat, so stop in at the shop by the ramp and ask for directions to Crab Harbor. If you're using traps, you can get by with leaving the traps down for longer, but there are TONS of little crabs so any bait will be devoured very quickly.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Sent you a private message that should help you out. I judge how long to leave my rings out by how fast they fill up. Some days it is as fast as I can work through 3 or for rings and sometimes I have to let them soak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts