IFish.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I left early for T-Bay today at 8:15 am; picked up my brother-in-law in Beaverton and we were on our way.
When we arrived I called my friend who was already fishing somewhere in T-Bay. He told me that he had two in the boat. He caught those in the ocean behind the south jetty early, but then fishing went cold. He mentioned that the wind was picking up so I decided to fish the ghost hole instead. The tide was still going out, but was slow and it looked like a very modest low tide. When we got to the ghost hole the wind was blowing modestly; just enough to make you pay a little more attention to your steering skills.
Anyway, there were about 7-8 boats trolling around and we didn't see anyone hook up.....except for us! We caught a nice princess, probably about 24 lbs, at about noon (low slack), on cut-plug herring. That was all we could get for the 3.5 hours we trolled the ghost hole.
The picture below shows my brother-in-law with his first salmon caught in 3 years. BTW, he is 6 ft 8 inches tall:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I left early for T-Bay today at 8:15 am; picked up my brother-in-law in Beaverton and we were on our way.
When we arrived I called my friend who was already fishing somewhere in T-Bay. He told me that he had two in the boat. He caught those in the ocean behind the south jetty early, but then fishing went cold. He mentioned that the wind was picking up so I decided to fish the ghost hole instead. The tide was still going out, but was slow and it looked like a very modest low tide. When we got to the ghost hole the wind was blowing modestly; just enough to make you pay a little more attention to your steering skills.
Anyway, there were about 7-8 boats trolling around and we didn't see anyone hook up.....except for us! We caught a nice princess, probably about 24 lbs, at about noon (low slack), on cut-plug herring. That was all we could get for the 3.5 hours we trolled the ghost hole.
The picture below shows my brother-in-law with his first salmon caught in 3 years. BTW, he is 6 ft 8 inches tall:
Nice hen! I like to see Tilly Chinook gettin caught :cheers:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Great fish, too bad my friends were in one of those other boats. Where are the rest of the fish?

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Craig strikes again!!!!! Good job Craig....:clap:

·
Registered
116 Posts
:pray: thats what i want sooooon.... keep send'n the reports, I want out of my office now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts