IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Swift is fishing very well. Fished Sunday with my fiancée. Got our limit in pretty short order!

·
Registered
12 Posts
What setup works well on Swift? We're typically on Merwin with various dodgers with hoochies, wedding rings, or spin n glos. Is that the same here or should we switch to a different setup? We plan on going up in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
694 Posts
We fished Saturday a couple hours late morning, then again late afternoon. Constant action, caught maybe 50? Let most go. basically just trolled our Kokanee dodgers and 8-12” leaders w’ micro hoochies of various colors with a chunk of worm or balls o fire on the hooks rather than corn. Eventually used no bait. 1.3-1.6 mph. flatlined or with a 1 ounce weight. Maybe 50 ft behind the boat. Tried spoons, humdingers, kripplures, various other small trout hardware. A few bites on those. Dodgers and hoochies is the way to go. A friend trolled around flies and caught a bunch too.

we didn’t do a lot of searching, as we were on em from the start. Basically 100-200 yard passes in the old channel (30ft) just east and on the south side of the lake from the ramp.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
I don’t even buy bait for Swift. Fish will hit anything from a plug to a fly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fished Swift yesterday for the first time, no action from the ramp to just past the shallow area on the south side of the shore. All our action came from just east of the island to just west of the island, all staying on the south side of the shore there. Hit our limit within a couple of hours on everything from hoochies, wedding rings, spin n glos, and just a worm on a hook. All were really great size, much larger than the small 8-10" kokanee we've been seeing at Merwin this year.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looking forward to finally get up there next weekend. Was going to go today but the river was calling.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Fished Swift for the first time ever on Saturday it was pretty fun. We ended up getting two limits in a couple hours. Decent size trout no giants by any means but the meat was a gorgeous dark pink tone.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We were up Saturday as well, 2 limits in 2 hours. Then we explored the coves and had a great time!
20210717_183111.jpg

·
Registered
My favorite color is CHROME!!!
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I thought we hit our limits when we each had 5. I need to make another trip back up there then. This was the first year I fished Swift and that was back in mid-June. How long is Swift typically open/fishable with the water levels being dropped out throughout summer?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just watch the water levels, if you Google swift water levels there is a site that is updated daily. It's getting low fast, there was only two sections of dock in the water a week ago. If you have a smaller boat it's still doable though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts