IFish.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to Swift tomorrow for the weekend. I don't spend a whole lot of time fishing for trout these days, mainly salmon, steelhead and bass, so I am looking for a bit of info.
I did a search, and found some good info and promising reports, but was wondering if anyone had any more recent reports. I don't have downriggers, but figured I would use banana weights, with spinners, flat-fish, and/or maybe bait.
I'll be in a 17' Alumaweld Intruder with a dark blue top, if your up there, give a wave.:wave: I'll follow up with a report when I get back.

·
Registered
380 Posts
The last time we went did'nt catch many but talked to a guy who did very well and he was using chartreuse mini hootchie instead of a wedding ring

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Last year the fishing was good every trip 'till the end of the season.

It was good the last weekend of July when I was there and I would expect it to be just as excellent now- go get'em.

BTW- I caught'em at 45 ft. last time- no biters could be found up top at all.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fishing was real slow. I don't have downriggers, and I was probably only getting down 20ft. I caught a couple on blue fox spinners, but I think you need to get down deeper to catch very many. Most people I talked to said it was slow for them, too. By the way, the water dropped 2-3 ft over the weekend, and was 12-15ft below full when I left.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts