IFish.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to budget cuts, my daughter had the day off from school. We slept in till about 6:30, had a nice breakfast and hit the water. We swam herring and flashers till about 3:00. We went 4 for 7 with all the action within an hour of each other. One of my best days by far on the water. I was just planning on spending some time with my daughter, never expected to bring fish home. Man what a day. Skunk slump be gone :dance:

[ 04-28-2003, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Tacklebuster ]

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Congrats, Tb !! Sounds like you will be voting for more budget cuts so your lucky charm can tag along more!!

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bob'r Down- Not much of a hot bite from what I saw. A couple of nets here and there but that's about it. I guess today was my lucky day. The second and third bonker of the day were doubles! Just because the water is a little muddy doesn't mean the fish won't bite. Fish shallow and close to the bottom. I mean so shallow that most of the bankies are fishing deeper than you. I also like a big herring in dirty water but what do I know, I just got lucky. Actually the big bait was due to me getting to the bait store late and getting the only package left in the bottom of the freezer

[ 04-28-2003, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Tacklebuster ]

·
Registered
430 Posts
Talked to a bass fisherman at Cedar Island. He caught 6 bass and one springer on his bass plug. Tells you where the springers are swimming...

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I handed the rod off every time except on the double. She put three on the boat and fought another. She was one happy kido :grin:

She has had one heck of a fishing career to be 9 years old. From the estuary sturgeon to the URB's and everything else in between. The majority of the time I try to fish with my family. She is with me about 70 percent of the time. Her favorite are ocean silvers and shad. One day she will be hosting her own show :cheers:

[ 04-28-2003, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: Tacklebuster ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Way to go Chris

Thats better than any day of school :grin: Sounds like the
were at a minimum too. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Way to slay them Tacklebuster, :cheers: it only took you one day what took us several days!!! That is way cool!!!!
The fishing Gods are smiling on you for taking your daughter
with you!!

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Tacklebuster,
I've always heard that 3 things bring success while fishing, especially in a boat: a woman, a child, and/or a dog. You're lucky enough to get two in one. All great fishing partners I might add. Congratulations on a great day on the river with your daughter. It's just too bad that our sociatal priorities are so screwed up she had to miss a day of school. Tight Lines.
Jean

1 - 18 of 18 Posts