IFish Fishing Forum banner

Swan Island to St. Johns report..............

498 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Dipnet 
#1 ·
Fished Swan Island to St. Johns area today. The water was colored with a lot of junk coming down. I managed a nice 20-25lb native on whole herring with a flasher. The weather was great once the fog lifted!!!

Dipnet :grin:

#3 ·
I Fished the mouth of wilamette up to the big bend. Had one take down on a rainbow herring spinner but dident hook-up. It was also slow i saw 3 fish caught between 7-2.Thank God for the hand held GPS i just bought it got me right in the wilmatte from 42nd st. without any problems. I know several people that went right on down river past the entrance.

#4 ·
We fished the head of the channel and the mouth of the river from 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. We only saw one fish caught - but heard of a couple others. Really sloooooooooooow indeed. But great day on the water. We tried whole and cut plug herring from shallow to deep, flasher to not. Anybody who got a fish today was blessed (and good). Tomorrow is yet another day.

#5 ·
Pretty much the same story in the lower Channel. We tried to catch the 11am-1pm bite that was happening on Thurs. and Friday, but its history now. One sturgeon released was the only action we saw.

We fished whole and plugged herring behind flashers.

With the river high and discolored it was easy to accept defeat today, go home, and use the sunny afternoon to dry out the boat and all the gear that got soaked on Saturday.

The checker at Gilbert river reported that between and Freds he had two fish for 16 boats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.