IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My day started @ the Lewis throwing glow in the dark corkies an hour before light. I had to use my buddys tied up leaders cuz, I didn't have time to fill up my own pips. Two coho bust the leader and one comes unpinned before light. I hook 2 land one, and land a 25# nook & release it.
the Lew has a good first shot of Coho along with nooks.
We recon the Kalama @ 10:30. Snaggers doing there deal at the RV/campground.Totla pack of losers. Spot and see nooks rolling all the way up to lower hatchery. Maybe a half dozen guys above Pritchards fishing, several had seen no Coho up there. Kalama has nook & Coho in lower river. LOw & ultra clear. We need rain to kick off any Coho movement upriver.
12:00 and were on the cowlitz @ the mouth of the Toutle. Second cast I foul a chrome silver and break it off. The three guys below me all hook chrome bright Silvers in the next 30 minutes. I couldn't belive they were all in the mouth. Lots of fish rolling. I left it after 1 hour.
Lunch & a full tank puts us in Oregon on the Sandy, hiked in @ 3:30. No hookups for me , but got drilled and came up empty. Saw two coho hooked, one fair. Saw two Summers and anothe silver on the bank. Low water & murky. A few fish made it up the river in the last rain. But we need the river to come up a foot and stay up for the numbers to build.
My take:
I'd fish the Lew or the Cowlitz. Thats if you want the best chance of gettint into fish. They got more water in them, but alot of people too.
If you want solitude and a some chane they hit the Kalama Or Sandy upper and hope to catch a siver that bonzied up river.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
Hey GL2, were there many guys down at the mouth of the Toutle today? Usually when we fish there in September, it's arm to arm combat fishing at it's finest
Was there a constant bite, or was it here and there? I was wondering if the silvers were in there or not, but sounds like they are. Thinking about going down there on Saturday morning, but i'm not sure if I want to fight the crowd or not :mad: Thanks for the info....

-jokester

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jokester,
Close to 20 guys. 6 above the mouth, the rest up to 100 yards below the mouth.
They said it had been dead for the last two hours and then i showed up & boom they got going.
Chrome bright Coho & one looked like it had net marks??
Lots of fish, and i'm sure it will be worse on the weekened.
If i were you i'd get there before the legal fishing time to get a spot. Hopefuly your one of the first three below the mouth.
Get yourself into some fish & then bail early.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Was anyone fishing the other side of the river? Doing any good over there? Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts