IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through my owner's manual last night and noticed that they recommend the impeller be replaced once/yr. I have never changed mine and wondering if anyone here has ever done it themselves. Is it difficult to change? No instructions included with my manual.

thx.

RM

· Registered
8,397 Posts
no not hard to do but had to look in manual myself 200hrs or once a year i agree with the 200hr bit but most manufactors say 2-3 years on the impeller
This all depends upon usage , average RPM ,Fresh or Salt , flushing procedures , ect... ect... Just remember to note witch derection your Impeller rotates and curve rubber blades in same diection and prelube them with a little lithium grease for the first dry startup. Also a little on the shaft seal won't hurt, and always use a good waterproof moly grease on the shaft splines to assist in corrosion prevention. Do yourself a favor and purchase a manual for your motor it will fill in the blanks... And better to be safe than sorry repace it every year and you'll never have to worry about it on your adventures ... PM Me if you need any other help I'm no tech just old and wise... and the first to admit when I don't know what I'm talking about...:wave: Barney

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.