IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am heading to Suttle Lake this weekend hoping to catch a few fish. Any advice on how to catch fish at there at this time of year would be appreciated. There was an incident in the past where there were fish rising everywhere but they absolutey ignored me - with my fiancee in the boat - she claimed they were mocking me. I have a desire avenge myself on this lake.

Thanks,

John

·
Banned
51 Posts
I havent fished it this year...but LAST year this was the ticket.

Kokes: Orange/pink/pink-white Nordic down deep near the bottom, 5 feet off or so. Fish seem to school at the West end of the lake.... around where the Link creek comes in. I was fishing in 40 feet of water or so. Fish were 9-12 inches

Browns: same area as the kokes, only shallower. troll reppala or any fish like lure early or late in the day. look for shallow water where the depth drops off quickly. Have also hooked browns on Nordics. Nice 8 lber I released from there last year.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have done pretty good around Memorial weekend there . We used a small jig called a "secret" sold at the Lodge there.I don't think Mike carries them anymore but he has his own lure he sells now, I think a pink and white crippled herring or nordic jig will do pretty good too. We limited 2 days in a row (50) fish by noon on a pink and white jig.. The same lure I caught 3 german browns casting out and jigging back at dusk from the boat ramp at the first campgrounds near the lodge. Either end of the lake is good for jigging . Find some water around 30 to 40 ft deep where you can see them holding on your fish finder. If you stop by the Lodge ask for Mike and tell him Dave the artist sent you. He is a great guy and will steer you to the fish.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i have done really good at east end by lodge anchor over school drop worm and a kernel of white corn to the bottom reel up a crank and wamo if no bite in 5 min. move let out more rope till you find them .should get one just about every trip to the bottom. good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts