IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, think it's time for another round of Sushi.

My house should be able to accomidate a couple three dozen people or so..........

Saturday November 17th, 4 PM till 8 PM. Anyone that wants to participate is invited.

If by chance, the response is large, I may have to limit attendance so it will be first people confirmed with someting to contribute, then next, etc, just in case. But well cross that bar when we get there. I'm sure we can handle 30 ish so lets hope we get that many.

Babe-in-the-woods (Janey Salveson) and I live in Hillsboro and I will get directions and an address to those attending.

I have an 8 qt rice cooker but it would be nice to have 2 or 3.

I also have some rice molds that I customized to make smaller pellets, but a few more would be great.

Unfortunately, I do not have micro Brew on tap like Stickfish so we will have to be bottle babies that day, but we will need some micro brews and perhaps some saki. The Saki Brewerey in Forest Grove make 5 different kinds that are pure ambrosia, so a few of those would be nice also, both filtered and unfiltered. I will open up my bar upstairs for cocktails also, but if anyone drinks too much you will have to stay and do the clean up till you are stone cold sober.

At the last party when people brought things it was typically more than we needed, so we can learn from that. Also, if you are buying fresh fish, remember a little goes a long ways. Again. last time we had extra and that stuff is expensive.

Other things we will need are:

YFT
Albicore
Scallops if we can find some like last time
Crab
Unagie (sp) eeel

Here is the list from the first party to also jog your imagination.

Once we have some attentendees and items I will go through and make a list of the additional things we need just as I did last time.

HiTekRdNek ... Stretch wrap, Frozen and canned Albacore.

Chrome Bumper ... Rice cooker, stretch wrap, sweet and sour sturgeon, Tako?.

Smily ... Rolling mat, shrimp.

Something Good ... Rolling mats, rice cooker, frozen crab, frozen and canned albacore.

Zodiac Fisherman ... ?

(2) Freakwater and Greta .. Rice cooker, Tofu, Lox

(3) Fyshndad .. ?

Triple C .. Japanese Mayo, Shiracha, RIce coooker, rolling mat.

(2) Woody and Vickie ... Fresh scallops

Spindrifter .. Alaskan Salmon, Sailor Jerry

Fishbait .. Rolling mats, nori, rice, spices, vinegar, Crab

(1) Pete ... real wasabi, inarizushi, tobiko, hana-katsuo and sushi experience.

When and if you reply confirming your attendance please also include what tools, cookers, molds, as well as any seafood and other ingredients that you can or would like to bring.

At the last party a few people made some Sushi ahead of time and brought a platter already prepared, that was very nice and perhaps we might do a repeate of that also. We now have a few more skilled people than when we started.

I would also like to see if we can somehow get a professional Sushi chef to come and join us. Might be able to temp him or her with some good eats and access to some nice fish. If anybody know someone that might qualify, please let me know. I do have a few leads already.

Lastly, there will probably be a need for a few people to chip in and help pay for things like scallops, fresh fish and perhaps some crab or professional lessons, so please also keep that in mind as a contribution option. Did I mention the fresh scallops?

Depending on what happens with the Tillamook fishery in the next few weeks, I might need some help with the logisticts and the list, so if your able and up for it, please PM me on that.

A few pictures from previous parties to wet your appitite..........

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Re: Sushi Party, Sat Nov 17th

I'd love to come Steve. Depends on wether I'm hunting that weekend or not. Still scheduling hunting trips with friends so we'll see how it works out.

·
"The Old Salt"
10,945 Posts

I will be there with 2 others
My son Curtis and my designated driver so I can partake in the libations

I can bring a deep fryer and do up my secret Halibut recipe
I have fresh frozen albacore loins thay were pre-trimmed that I can bring as well

I know deep fried butt is not sushi but it is danged good

Also I can bring a case of micro-brew

·
Registered
12,166 Posts

I can bring some dorado and marlin. It's been vacume packed and frozen, but it should still taste great. I missed the last one, I'd love to make this event.
GBS

·
Registered
849 Posts

Sign me and the wife up Steve. I'll bring what ever you need. The last party was great

·
Registered
5,844 Posts

I have to check my schedule but we would love to come again.
I can supply a rice cooker, rolling mat, press and a few other items even if we are not able to come. Just say the word.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts

I'd/we'd love to attend, I don't know a professional sushi chef, but Ill offer up the wife... she makes sushi by the platter when her sisters husband, or my parents are in town... she knows her way around a rolling mat and sushi knife... Oh shes also has good deep fried surf clams. I need to verify with her before I commit her, but she could bring on of those "before platters" you spoke of. We also have rice cooker, not huge but I think its an 8qt, so it cuts the mustard. It would be nice to have me and her at your sushi party and not cost $150 at uwajimaya for our asian nights :grin: I will post up some pics in the AM of her work then you can decide.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts

Steve I plan on attending So I will bring some YFT and Dorado and Wahoo

·
Registered
17,792 Posts

Still a maybe, it will be my teams first tournament of the season and I'll be at some club somewhere in the city getting them through the day or evening. I have no idea what time it will be over. From the sounds of it you all will have a great time.
Well the league match will run too late, you all have a fun time and hoist one for me

·
Registered
2,017 Posts

These events are a do not miss:food::food: Please count me in. I can bring the same or something else. Let me know.:cheers:

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Just back from a week bobber fishing and thought I would bump this one time.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts

I would like to join in.:food:
Let me know what you need me to bring.
Thanks for doin this Steve.
I think 2 others will be with me.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts

Hi Steve.

Count Jennifer and I in. Let us know what you need us to bring.

Andy.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

Thanks for doing this Steve, count Debbie and I in. I can bring another rice cooker and I'll go hunt up some of that Saki from Forest Grove. PM me if you have a prefrence on what type and how much we need.

3,877 Posts

Count me in Steve.... Spicy tuna :food::food::food::food::food:

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

OK, looks like we have a nice group of some great folks.

Tides are backwards so I will have some time to start working on the spreadsheet of who brings what. There is some info in some posts and I will harvest that.

Anybody have 1-2 rolling mats they can bring. Anybody have any rice molds? Other than that I think I have all the other minor items covered.

And the big question, anybody crabbing a few days prior to the party?

Woody & Vickie, will you help us order some of those GREAT fresh scallops. Anybody want to contact them and get an order placed as they have not chimed in for this round. Think a pound or so will be fine and if expensive just post and I'll find someone to help out.

I have a "Catching large Halibut CD that I will have playing. IF anyone else has any instructional or fun fishing repated CD or VHS, please consider bringing them to share.

I have located 4 "teachers" that do sushi classes and attempted to contact them. One school replied back with their facillities only and no response for the others. Anyone know a "Sushi Chef" and willing to see if he/she would attend, share some "advanced" skills in exchange for eating our food and the possibility of taking home some "extra" frozen fish for their personal stash. I know we can come up with 8-10 packages of some darn nice fish for their teaching fee.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts

Anybody have 1-2 rolling mats they can bring. Anybody have any rice molds? Other than that I think I have all the other minor items covered.

And the big question, anybody crabbing a few days prior to the party?
Weve got 2 mats to bring, and crab... Noooo I will be working the 3 days before... otherwise Id make the trip

·
Registered
815 Posts

Steve, I'll bring whats left of a small YT.Maybe a pound. Char can't be there and I can only stay a couple of hours. We have a dinner thing to go to that evening.
Terry

·
Registered
40 Posts

If anyone wants to buy and pick up fresh scallops or fresh Ahi let me know. They need to be picked up in Clackamas. Also the scallops only come in a 4 lb tub and the Ahi is a 3 lb min. Woody and I would love to be there.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts