IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
21,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, looks like a bust for the start of my vacation next week. Sundays ocean should be a spectical rivaling winter storms. Batton down the hatches and tie your boats up real good. Wetsand says UGLY! 20 foot ugly. Darn hurricanes anyways. Hope it passes through quickly so I can get back at it on Tuesday.

· Registered
21,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Surfs up this weekend Dude......

Nice little section there of 40 footers to test your skills there Kerry. Yikes.

Hummm......wonder if this will bring a few new exotics to our area?

· Registered
14,793 Posts

The optimist in me:

This little surge of southerly winds and swells will bring warmer and clearer water closer and will subside by 8.25 to make for a very exciting OTC trip. (yeah, Mark, I know - upwelling, upwelling, upwelling). One can hope, right?
:pray:

CrF

· Registered
1,502 Posts

Yout beat me to it Bernie.

Looks like the makings of a minor hurricane. :bigshock:

This plus 10-12 foot swells - a bit sporty, I'd say.

WOW, L'il Arima stay home, tie gear, mow lawn....

· Registered
497 Posts

Looks like a launch from Newport Saturday and maybe south to get some Salmon. Not sure making it out for Halibut from Depoe will be doable with this prediction.

Headed out tomorrow from Depoe for tuna.

· Registered
2,871 Posts

Wouldn't you know it! All year I am waiting for my annual 3 week trip to Astoria and ocean fishing during the first few days of the season. August 18-19-20-21 looked great with small tides promising a doable bar.

Then mother Nature decides to send a Hurricane to Hawaii and leave me with the "wet weenie"....again. The forecast for this weekend looks awful, at least at this time. Oh well, I'm committed, so off I'll go, set up camp and wait until SOMETHING shows up in the River. I may have to wait longer than anticipated, but that's fishing. DRAT!:smash::shrug:

:twocents:
Rusty

· Registered
4,642 Posts

Looks sporty - but the bar will be closed anyway...

A good weekend to put a deposit in the relationship bank with the wife.

· Registered
3,074 Posts

Looks sporty - but the bar will be closed anyway...

A good weekend to put a deposit in the relationship bank with the wife.

You'd be suprised how flat a strong south wind will make the CR bar. I learned this from an old Coastie MLB instructor.

Once you get past the bar though... :bigshock:

· Registered
1,632 Posts

Dean ... c'mon ... let's not go overboard on the "relationship bank" deal ... might give her the wrong impression, that she might start to think you're capable of more ... more time at home ... risky risky risky ...;
We'll be in the river outside your house, tune in to VHF and listen in like last time, and she'll be grateful she's married to you ...

· Registered
1,939 Posts

Housemouse has yet to catch her first tuna! Her weekends have to be scheduled in advance and she hasn't had a weekend with calm weather yet! If I don't get her out there at least once this year I will hear about it till next season! I will lose a lot of points....

· Banned
8,835 Posts

Dang, and I have to go to Tofino with Rod to help deliver a 26' Glacier Bay. And I cudda stayed home and cleaned the gutters. (I don't even remember if we have gutters)

Life is hard.

Skein - :jester:

· Registered
935 Posts

There's been some impressive fog the past few days too. Yesterday out of Newport it was 30' vis at the bar at 4pm. Some swell and the tide threw in a little steeper swell to add to the fun. Fog extended out at least to the 180' depths. It cleared out around 5pm and was much flatter - tide I guess. CG was looking for a 16' boat lost in the fog (and in 26' of water) down near the Umpqua.

Definitely a good time for having a radar.

· Registered
21,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like it wont be as nasty as predicted folks. Tighter swell for sure according to wetsand.com but other than that appears to be 4 foot seas. I am salmon fishing for sure and maybe tuna on Saturday. Tuna is one of those deal that ya just have to think about this time of year. But I really need salmon right now. Bite has been pretty good last couple of days. Oh, beware the Fog!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.