IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Eric
How's fishing in Aberdeen at this time of the year ? i haven't been there for 2 years and i plan to spend my memorial weekend in Aberdeen fishing. I usually fished at the North jetty for red tail perch and rock fish on the other side of the jetty.
Appreciate your info.
N00b

·
Registered
603 Posts
Report:
Catching some Lings around the Sunken jetty. The black bass are still on the N jetty.
They are saying that they are running 20 mi. out and 30 mi. N (or vice versa) to get to Halibut-that's way too far for me.

Jun 22 - opening day :grin:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Good morning!

Both jetty's fish well this time of year for rockfish although I prefer the south jetty because you can fish inside and buffer yourself against the wind and waves. As usual, be careful not to go to far out and watch for sneaker waves.

Surf perch can be caught there as well but to tell the truth, I think you would do better to fish the beaches. Don't know where you will be staying but I prefer Grayland for my perch fishing. Ocean shores north fishes pretty well too.

Whatever you go after there should be fish available to you. Fishing has been decent when the weather permits.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts