IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anybody fishes for them on the beach in Pacific City where the dories are launched? We are heading down Saturday to watch the dories and wanted to try fishing there. Thanks

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
doryboy22, I fished down there twice..buti drove to Bob Straub park..a little south of the dory launch. I only got a few but it was fun trying...i was using sandshrimp. We got there when it was at low tide and caught them shortly afte the tide started coming in. Good luck!

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
771 Posts
I've tried a couple of times at the cape, no results. I had better luck just north at Tierra Del Mar. I also dont fish for em after April, as they have baby's in them.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Surfperch give live birth?

So whats the essential gear? Surf rod and reel, a chunk of weight and throw it as far as you possibly can?
Do the shrimp lay on the bottom? What are other good baits/rigs for surf fishing? What else is there to catch?

Id love to drag a chaise lounge and umbrella out there and doze with a line in the water.
especially after last nights 11 hour boat run for lings and bass.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Doug,

I have some experience chasing those surf perch. think there are some good plces near where you live. I havent fished around there yet but, I want to try.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
My Bro was doing some time in Astoria lately..(Electrician) and said he learned of wonderful surf perch fishing there...big..Fat..(sandshrimp was the bait) Oregon side of course :grin:

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
784 Posts
MDF - did your brother happen to mention specifically where in the Astoria area those "fat surf perch" can be caught? This is something I'd like to try next time I'm down in that area.

Thanks.

Dean

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Yeah Dean, Me too! I wanna catch them on my fly rod! I'll be there in a few weeks, any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I have done very well for Pile Perch using sand shrimp under the Siletz River 101 Bridge @ Kernville....there are some old pilings to tie up your boat to. The females are shiny as a silver dollar and the males are very brightly purple and brown striped.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
FishinRuss, thanks for the memory. I wondered if people still fished there. There used to be a moorage there that you could rent a boat and buy some rock crabs. Many a good bag of perch caught there. I may try that again. :bowdown:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts