IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone interested in Surf Fishing & Rock Fishing This Weekend in the Depoe Bay area a couple of us ifisher's will be getting together.

The weather forecast has been upgraded from 10 kt's wind and 2 ft wind waves to 15 kt's wind and 3 ft wind chop (must be halibut season). But the swell is only 5' and 4'. Hopefully the wind doesn't blow too bad but there are a couple places to get out of it whether it is out of the north or south. North point of Depoe Bay will be the spot if the wind comes up out of the NW as predicted.

Sat
NW wind 15 kt. Wind waves 3 ft. W swell 5 ft. Chance of showers in the afternoon.
Sat Night
N wind 15 kt...easing to 10 kt after midnight. Wind waves 3 ft. W swell 5 ft.
Sun
N wind 15 kt. Wind waves 3 ft. W swell 4 ft. Chance of showers early in the afternoon.

Post on this thread or email me if you are interested. I'll pour some jig heads and will have plenty of plastics. Herring, squid, or octopus will work for those who might want to plunk bait or bobber fish for lings. The 76 station sells live sand chicken's or you can pump your own if you choose to fish for striped surf perch, red tail surf perch, or kelp greenling (seatrout).

Dan

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Where do you safely fish for surfperch around Depoe bay?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Hey DBD....I'd like to fish with you guys for a while, have to drive to bend in the afternoon. How about a place/time to meet? 0800 by the blow hole?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey Dan
I'm there, what time and where in Depoe bay ?
I've been there couple times, please give some info on how to get there. I'll be driving from Portland.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Hey that sounds great Dan, I am going to TRY and be there tomorrow :smile: Going down today and getting some new line on the reels.
Russ

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
If you can secure a time, I might be able to cruise over. I'd like to learn a bit more about fishing that area. name a time and we'll all aim for it!

Sublime

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Fishing N00b,

Don't know if you mean directly to a spot or Depoe from Portland? From Portland I usually take I-5 to Tualitan/Sherwood exit or hwy 99 Tigard. Continue west through Newberg, bypass McMinnville & Willamina/Sheridan and follow the signs to Lincoln City and continue south on hwy 101 till ya hit dopey bay.

wannacatchem says 0800 by the blow hole, Geek says 8-9 AM. Majority rules! I gather the blow hole is the one at Boiler Bay State Wayside about 1 & 1/2 miles north of Depoe bay? (north end of state park just beyond the NW corner of the fence).

I'll post more later when I get back to Depoe. I'm still in Longview but am done with my lead orders and on my way out.

Anyone wants to come early that's fine and we can meet but we will at this time plan on all meeting at Boiler bay at between 8 & 9 AM.

I'll pour up a lot of jig heads tonight when I get home because I didn't have time earlier today.

Dan

·
Registered
206 Posts
all this talk has got me excited...I think I will have to be there in the morning...Always wanting to learn more. :grin:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dan
Thanks for the direction. I meant i know how to get there but i don't know where and how to get to the fishing hole. A detail direction would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Vickie and I will be there for sure. We're driving from the Silverton area in the morning. See you at Boiler bay @8.

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm leaving Bob's in Longview right now (4:55PM) and will hit trafic but will be in Depoe Bay about 8:30PM and will post good directions when I get there (and then pour some lead).

I believe Boiler bay State wayside is at approx. milepost 125 but will check it out on the way home and post later.

Fish on!

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Boiler Bay is between milepost 126 & 127.

North end of Lincoln City is about MP 111. See ya in the morning.

Depoe Bay 76 sells live sand chickens and my tackle. Should have plenty (tackle) to get you guys/gals started out.

Will post some more info in a few but just got home and checking with everbody.

Dan

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Vickie and I are out. My water pump went out on my truck. I guess I'll be getting greasey tommorrow instead.

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh that sucks Woody! Bummer! If it ain't one thing...

We will see the rest of you in the morning. I drive an old Astro Van (Silver/Grey) and will have an awesome gold lab with me or in the van. My ears don't flap in the wind but I am subnormal in other ways.

Let's have some fun and hopefully get into some fish, some ifish seabass!

Bring some trout gear including some rafts or row boats in case the weather doesn't cooperate, but you don't need anything floation wise to fish the local lake.

Portable BBQ would be an extra plus because you can fish and BBQ at the same time at the lake.

Plan "C" would be to bring your crab ring's, but I don't think crabbing has been too good?

Dan

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Planning on being there with the wife around 8:30.......at least I am thinking its gonna take about that long leaving at 7 from Corvallis :smile: Found out tonite my ol Fenwick (dads old rod) has a crack starting below the ferrule so I am going to have to use a backup rod........old with metal ferrules, ugh :depressed: .

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Hey Dan~

What's the 'local lake' you were talking about...Devil's? trying to think what else is around that area
:whazzup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts