IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Glad you had a fun time for your first time doing this. Did you have any issues or things you would do different next time?. We would love to moor ours next year for awhile. I appreciate your info. Thank you.

· Registered
452 Posts
View attachment 991076
First full summer keeping my new to me Seafarer at Newport. It’s a game changer having the boat moored and ready to go!

Lots of fish caught and lots of great memories made. Kind of a sad day to pull the Sea+ out of the water today but I am already looking forward to 2023!
Seen your boat in the parking lot, very nice looking boat. Is that a custom hardtop?

· Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I would do different - not forget to put the antenna down before towing home - dohhh! Next summer I want to get a dockbox, but other than that, can't think of anything else. It was also fun getting to know the other guys on B dock and talk fishing and boating stuff.

Custom top done by Quiet Riot here on this board - he did an awesome job and I love the hardtop. I'm 6'4" so I had Joe make it to fit me, and he recommended the canvas work from a local shop near him. I hate the small windshields on my old Arima and Gradys because my eye level is right at the break between windshield and eisenglass; probably not so much of a problem for shorter guys.

· Registered
Stabicraft 2250 UCC OS "Gypsy Davie"
482 Posts
I'm happy with it. The harvest numbers reinforce that Newport has the most effective sport fleet on the coast! #wolfpack way to go everyone!

· Registered
11,261 Posts
Great looking, practical boat. I’m glad you had a great season. 2022 is the worst salmon season I can remember having, so I’m also looking forward to its close.

2023 should be better.

· Registered
2,739 Posts
We did ok. A bit of a comedown from 2021, obviously. Onward to ling and rockfish this winter!

Reactions: I'd rather fish
1 - 14 of 14 Posts