IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished from sunup till 100pm. Saw 2 fish landed right about sunrise and one other about low tide. We had two drive byes that didn't stick within 30 minutes of low tide. :whazzup:

Saw Silver Hilton and Buck50 (aka: Ben Herr on the oars) :tongue: :wink:. Also saw an ifish sticker on a Bayliner taking out at Kalama around 100pm??

SH...all I can say to you is... :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :smash:!

J/K....let's see some pic's. :cool:

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Yes, Mr. SH certainly spanked us today. Three to zip :redface: Hopefully we can do the same for him next weekend!
Pull them oars!! :wink:

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
Well, Erich, I just try to show you guys what to do, but nobody will listen. :cool: You have to throw a quarter in the water after you put the lure out.

We had a pretty good day. I had a solid take right off the bat, and again felt a fin on the take, so I immediately shook it off. Digifish followed up with the first keeper about an hour later. (thanks for the $5, Kelly, maybe next time I'll teach you how to read the tide tables...) That sassy little brat weighed 11 lbs gutted, so maybe 13 whole?

A couple hours later Digi's rod went down, despite his adament refusal to follow the Hilton instructions on percisely how to do everything including picking his nose. He nicely handed that one off to Kendall(Seacat), who fought in a nice little native, maybe 15 lbs.

After that it got a bit slow for a long time. Towards about noon, when the tide was due to slow, we saw a fish get hook 1/4 mile below us. I remarked to Buck50 and crew that we would be due for a fish in 15 minutes, as that wave hit us. 15 minutes came and went, and the ribbing started. However, five minutes later, my rod hammers down. Once twice, three times a lady I let that rod go down. A few minutes later, hatchery number two graced the cooler. This was another small fish, about 11 lbs. But it sure tasted good for dinner.

Sorry, no pix unless Kelly can post his. My batteries died in the camera.

Fishing usual stuff, usual place, usual method. Saw about 5 other fish over the day in the Prescott pack. Lured In was too far away to see our action - he all but accused us of running trips to the food market. Fishslayer and Shut Up and Fish had front row seats, though, so they can testify.

Man, what a pretty spring day!

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
Yes, Mr. SH certainly spanked us today.
I'm liking how it's become Mister Hilton. :wink: No more of this inane talk of cracking branches...

·
Registered
848 Posts
Lured in,
The bayliner at the Kalama boat ramp was mine. I was fishing with my son Joshua (sturgeon bait). We were skunked :whazzup: Only one takedown for the day.
We were fishing between Kalama and Woodland. Four boats in our line, one fish.

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,157 Posts
No more of this inane talk of cracking branches...
Well, maybe the first one.... :blush:

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
That wasn't crackage, that was a hook test of what I am coming to believe it isn't all it's cracked up to be - the Gami 510's. That lost fish and the previous one were both on these hooks, making their record 1 for 3. I sent them to the showers, and the next fish hooked up fine. So I'm blaming gear. :wink:

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,157 Posts
Excellent idea! Blame the gear! (It's the truth anyway :shrug: )

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Talked to an ODFW at Cedar Oak ramp late today and he said there for 50 boats there was 1 Chinook and 1 Steelhead reported. Also mentioned that on Saturday there were 90+ boats out of Chinook Landing with 0 fish reported.

Seems like everywhere is sloooooow..... :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

·
Registered
267 Posts
FISHED WILLOW GROVE AREA EARLY SUNDAY, FIFTEEN BOATS IN LINE WITH ONE NICE SPRINGER BOATED ABOUT 6.30 AM .
QUIT AROUND 11.30AM WHEN THEY STARTED TEST NETTING RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE RIVER. GOOD LUCK

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Released 1 nate..Approx 18lbs around 9am St.helens area..Couldn't stick around to fish the end of the tide.

Great a.m tides this week!! might have to sneek off one morning!

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
So you've stepped up to quarters now? What's it going to be next? Roll up a $5 and let it slide down the line to your rig? :cheers:

You have to teach me that adipose indicator trick next time. Saves a lot of wear and tear on the gear when you don't have to fight fish that won't be headed to the table.

·
Registered
952 Posts
We fished just up from 205 bridge all day with no fish. The fishing was great but the catching was lousy for all boats around us. We saw 1 boat drop out but I don't know if he got anything.

Many more days to come.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Fishing was SLOW from Cedaroak to the Harbor. I took out at 3:00 and the checker had 4 fish for 65 boats. I should of went to the coast.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
the big skunkola for us. Went out with redbull and we trolled EVERYWHERE! Joby did get one long munch and when he set the hook you could here the Swoosh of the air. He was bummed. OH well, that springer fishing for most of us.
Hope some of you others did well.
GBS

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SH...sounds like you should be renamed the "monsta slayer"! If a quarter gets you a 13# fish, just imaging what a dollar coin could get you! :laugh:
:wink:

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Thanks for the report, sounds like you had more action than many of us. We went 1 for 3 in the St Helens area, couldn't get them to stick on the take! Keep it up, let a few pass for the rest of us :wink:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Did anyone fish the Multnomah Channel around the Coon Island area sunday? Thanks in advance.....Ross

1 - 20 of 38 Posts