IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its looking real good for this coming Sunday. If weather holds we'll be out there. Plan A is ranch. Plan B the pile.

·
Registered
Troller. Explorer, Marlin curious.
15,286 Posts
Looks like the NW wind show through Saturday. We will see. Hope you get it, though.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well crap... It shifted on me. It was showing out of west on windfinder.... Thanks for heads up.

·
Registered
Worst day fishing is better than the best day working.
54 Posts
Time will tell but Sunday might just be my first BUTT trip this year, work has sucked and the days I could go were not friendlies or my fishing crew was busy

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
2 foot swell with five and 6 foot wind chop is not a fun prediction

Reactions: Reel fortunate

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
where did you get those numbers from??? LOL none of my forecasts show that prediction.
Basic NOAA forecast for the north Pacific Ocean Out of Newport. Cascade Head to Florence oregon 10 to 60 nautical miles. I’ve only been doing this for 40+ years I probably don’t know where to look. My bad that was this morning‘s prediction now it’s 6 foot wind chop 6 foot swell and 5 foot wind chop 5 foot swell sat sun Don’t forget those 20 kn winds those will make it exciting

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Basic NOAA forecast for the north Pacific Ocean Out of Newport. Cascade Head to Florence oregon 10 to 60 nautical miles. I’ve only been doing this for 40+ years I probably don’t know where to look. My bad that was this morning‘s prediction now it’s 6 foot wind chop 6 foot swell and 5 foot wind chop 5 foot swell sat sun Don’t forget those 20 kn winds those will make it exciting
NOAA spot forecast says the same thing as Puffin.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Offshore weather, especially in weather patterns like we are currently in, is extremely difficult to predict days in advance. The NOAA forecast has change numerous times for Sunday.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I am seeing 3/2 and 2/2 NOAA. Still all over the place. Might be Friday before we really have an idea.

·
Registered
22,146 Posts
Sunday is looking good. Just might have to make another run. I was looking at the chart and saw a likely looking spot on the east side of the pile. Maybe try it and a couple other spots on the way to the thumb. Might have to see if I can put a crew together.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts