IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sunday June 15th, some of us ifisher's and others will be getting togther to do some rockfish angling off the rocks in the Depoe Bay area. No time has been discussed or set yet, but the earlier the better is generally the rule in the summer months. Of course some of the late arrivals can meet up with us at a pre-designated spot or via cell phones.

Let me know if you are serious about attending otherwise I might end up out in a boat that day.

I see there is a high tide approx. 2:30pm that day and if the wind isn't blowing, we might venture about 5 miles up the coast and fish for some redtail's about 1:00pm.

We might start out at north point, in front of Depoe Bay, or the "ledge" for rockfish first thing in the morning at low tide since all three are very good low tidal areas. Then depending on the situation, go up to Lincoln beach and fish for redtails.

Hope you can make this one Geek.

Dan

·
Banned
2,392 Posts
DBD- How early is early. My graduation ceremony from OSU is on June 15th. Maybe I can head over there early and be back in time to graduate?

SH22

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Dan,
We'll be there as early as possible. We may come over Sat. evening and get a motel room for an early start Sunday.
We were hoping for a couple of open seats on a boat, but if that isn't available we could always help out with showing others the places and methods,... Unless there is an (as yet) "Zipperlip" spot you havent shown us yet!! Hehee
Jamie

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dan:
Thanks for arranging the rockfishing trip. I'll be there. Since I'm only a few miles down the coast, I can be there at the time you designate. Let me know if you'd like me to pump a few shrimp for those who'd like to try for surf perch/greenling, etc.

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh SH22, forget the graduation. Get your priorities straight son! Probably around 6 or 7 in the am. People can come later if they would like and we can figure out a way to be located.

Well Russ, it probably would be fun to throw some shrimp at the perch around high tide if the wind doesn't come up. Surf fishing on the beach in the wind doesn't cut it.

Yes Jamie, there are a couple really neat spots I haven’t had time to show you yet and if I don’t on Sunday, I will draw you a map for future reference. You confused me a bit (not difficult to do). You do realize that the boat deal is on Saturday and the fishin’ off the rocks/beach is on Sunday. Are you available Saturday if someone has room or an extra seat or two? It would be a real pleasure for them to fish with you.

RL, are you the Texan that called me from Seal Rock that time? Sure it would be great if you pumped some shrimp for those who want to fish cabbies, striped seaperch, and greenling from the rocks or redtails from the beach. I’ll try and pump some on that Friday if I have the time.

Dan

·
Registered
784 Posts
Dan, I sent you a message on one of your other rock fishing threads....Geez, you're a busy guy!

At any rate, we may try to hook up with your bunch on Saturday or Sunday. We'll be up in Astoria [sturgeon fishing] until Saturday morning, then my son Travis and I are thinking of looking for some other action. I'll keep track of your threads until next Tuesday [10th] morning when we hit the road.

Dean

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dan:
Yep, I'm the one who called you. I've been up a couple of times and caught several sub-legal lings, etc., either at the seawall there in town or at Boiler Bay. I'll try to bring some shrimp, and look forward to seeing you and the other Ifishers.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Dan,
Unfortunately I can't make it on Saturday. :depressed: Its the work-grind for me.
I will if at all possible, but its a 95% chance I won't be able to make it. Maybe I can get a boat ride some other time.
Austin may be over though,... I am sure you will hear from him if he intends to be there Saturday.
Jamie

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Dan,

My Dad and I will be spending the weekend together fishing in and around the Depoe Bay area.

He is not keen about going out on a boat so we will be hitting the rocks and the surf starting Friday night.

Perhaps I/we could meet you Friday sometime so you can point a finger in the general direction we need to go. <snicker>

Thanks

:smile:

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome Dean. It will be good to see you again. Maybe some of us ifisher's that will be in town Friday or Saturday night can get together for dinner or something. We'll see. Hopefully the weather will be better this time around. Heard you and dave got together and you will be joining us for some hot coho action this fall.

RL, email me if you are planning on coming up fishing sometime not during the organised gig and if I'm not too busy, I'll go throw some jigs with you.

Oh Jamie :depressed: Work is for people who don't know how to fish! That's ok. Maybe if one of the boaters is staying over for the weekend, I'll see if they have any room for you to go along. :smile: You would enjoy. You also email me again if you are coming down prior to the 15th.

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not a problem Mark. ooh, are you talking Friday the 13th?

No seriously though are you talking Friday the 13th or this Friday? This Friday won't be too good. Verdy Vindy at the coast right now and is suppose to blow everyday at least through Saturday. At least you guys got a summer. I be wearing my sweatshirt.

Friday the 13th I will be around for sure because of the boat gig the next day. Hopefully this thing blows itself out by then!

If it's not blowing we can fish for some bass at night if you want. Bring pocket flashlights. Leave the glo corks at home though. :grin:

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Yep, Friday the 13th. :shocked:

Now since you said it, I'll have to bring some glow corkies to try. :laugh:

I'll send you an email about timming when the date gets closer.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
With that being Father's Day weekend, I might be over Friday and stay the night also..........if its calm, I would be very interested in doing some night time fishing :smile:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Originally posted by DepoeBayDan:
Awesome Dean. It will be good to see you again. Maybe some of us ifisher's that will be in town Friday or Saturday night can get together for dinner or something. We'll see. Hopefully the weather will be better this time around. Heard you and dave got together and you will be joining us for some hot coho action this fall.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Dan looking forward to that weekend. Don't think we'd get down there early enough for the Saturday get-together but will figure on Sunday unless something comes up. Agree, maybe we can get together at one of the local "greasy spoons" for dinner and a brew Saturday night - can you email me your cell phone number and I'll try to call you when we're in the area.

It was good to hear from Dave again, and yeh, if possible maybe we can get together this fall. I'll be up there in October with some friends - have a guided trip scheduled on Monday October 20th. Not certain how much time these folks would have besides the time we already have alloted - maybe we can work something out.

I might even make a separate trip out there by myself, or see if I can convince Mojo to come along. Denali might also be interested. That'd probably be an even better idea. Can talk about it later.

Dean

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I am going to staying over @ Depoe or Lincoln City (havent decided on what hotel yet) Friday nite for the gig on Saturday. More than likely I will be fishing some Friday nite and was wondering how many more folks would be around on Friday and want to do that or ?? No big deal, just thought it might be nice to meet a few more folks :smile:

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Russ, I think Fast Water and a couple others are going to be here Friday night and if the wind isn't blowing, we can go throw some jigs.

If the winds a blowing, I can tell you a place you can go to in Yaquina Bay and fish for bass.

Or you could stay here and BBQ for us. :grin:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Any suggestions on a reasonably priced motel in the Depoe Bay/Lincoln City area over the weekend?

Russ, were you planning on surf fishing Sunday? The beaches you fish, do you need to wade? Haven't decided yet whether we'll fish from the rocks or try some surf fishing.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Russ,

My Dad and I will be in Depoe Bay around noonish on the 13th to fish from the rocks. We are goning to see if we can meet up with Dan somewhere and let him point the way. Either we will be there infront of the parking lot somewhere or out on the point.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts