IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Im having back surgery for a ruptered disc that has caused me pain for most of the last year. Surgery is next week. Which probably means that I'm not going to get to fish the big blue pacific lake again untill next year. Im Sad!

However it was a great summer, and I am thinkful for all the great trips I had, mostly with other ifishers. All the trips this year were out of Depoe Bay or Newport. Special thanks to: Depoe Bay Dan, Gun Rod Bow, Wildhawg, Bank Maggot, David Johnson, and Everybody on the Salty Dogs forum here at ifish.net.

Here are some highlights of this summers season. We didnt have a bad trip all summer, caught lots of fish and had a generally good time.

More to Come.... :grin:

[ 08-30-2003, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: Uglygreen ]

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and the last few...

That last pic is what Wildhawg and I caught on the last trip yesterday... back surgery is Tuesday, and then the fish get a 4 week break... come on fall fishing and winter steelhead! :grin:

UG

[ 08-30-2003, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Uglygreen ]

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
What a way to spend the last couple months :cheers: Good luck on the surgery I'm sure you'll be back on the water again soon!!

Rainrshine :cheers:

·
Administrator
119,610 Posts
Your pictures gave me goosebumps.
What neato memories!
What a cool crew the Salty Dogs are!

Jen

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Good luck with the surgery Brad. On a positive note: I fished with Marty Peterson 3 weeks after his surgery for a ruptured disc. He said he was feeling great and seemed to be getting around just as well.

Just no lifting for a while so Charlie will have to do all the work and you just catch fish. :wink:

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Bradley

Great pics of a wonderful summer. Sorry to hear about the surgery, but we had to do something to keep the Dam counts up for the rest of the run :grin: You will be much better for the surgery and I hope for You pain free. I am volenteering to row your drift boat as soon as You are able to reel or maybe we'll take my boat to the Columbia for coho or Tillamook for Nooks. Good luck with the surgery my friend :cheers:

Bruce

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
on the great season and beautiful pictures.

Good luck Brad on your surgery. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I feel your pain (literally...got a bad back as well) Hope things work out well for you in the surgery department. You have had a great year. Those fish'll be waiting for you! :grin:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well, atleast you have a full freezer of fish!!!!
Nice fish, im jealous

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Greta summer Brad and I hope all goes well for yoru surgery. After that little bit of doctoring you will be able to life in your own 40 lb nooks.
Take care and follow the doctors exercise prolgrams if they put you through one. That is what made the difference in my shoulder surgery.

If we could all have a daughter as beautiful as your little one for a nurse. We may never want to get well, or would we? She's a keeper for sure.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Awesome pics. You will be back at it in no time. I have had both L4-L5 and L5-S1 repaired. The last one was in 2000. The docs have gotten alot better since my first in 89. Good luck on a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
784 Posts
UG - awesome pictures and memories.
:dance:

By now you've had your surgery - hope that things went well and the prognosis is for hundreds more pictures like the above in your future. Best wishes. Dean

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Hey there Ugly Shad,

Least you wont starve over the winter. Good times man. More on the way.

Looking forward to having you pain free.

In the meantime, when I get back out of the woods, you can sit in one of the big cushy seats in my boat and since you won't be able to do any heavy lifting, you can hand them all off to me :laugh:

You're in our prayers.

[ 09-03-2003, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Gun Rod Bow ]

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Brad thanks for sharing all those wonderful pictures. You had a grate summer. :bowdown: :grin:
I am sorry to here about the back surgery but if you are in pain, it will be gone soon. I have had two disc done and am very happy I did them. It does not take as long to recover as you think. Do what the doctors say and you will be up slaying them again in no time.
We will say a prayer for your operation to be a successful one.
st

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
:bowdown: :dance: :bowdown: :cheers: :bowdown:
:grin: :bowdown:

You'll be back at it in no time. Get well double soon!

SKP

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Good luck with your surgery and a speedy recovery to you. thanks for sharing this years memories with us looks like you had a great year. :bowdown:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts