IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out the morning of the 27th using a homemade lure. At 6am this beauty hits hard and my girlfriend (Tina) lands this bright buck of 20lbs

Fished the 28th am outgoing tide below st helens for this 26lbs of chrome.

Both fish were hooked on a homemade lure from a toaster dressed in Chartruese and Green w/ a 2/0 Owner treble in 18' of water with Maries Shrimp Oil. Lure is still in experimental testing stage and I will post pics of it's design later in the season. Seems to be more nates in the river now weighing 30lbs and better, but fun to fight just the same for C&R.
Saw a 35lb Hatchery buck friday am, also on another homemade variation dressed in Red and Green.
:cheers:

[ 06-29-2003, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Fshklr ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Wow nice fish :dance:

Ya gotta love catching those chrome piggies under blue skies :grin:

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Nice fish!!! I guess I won't give up yet. We fish 3 rods for 6 hours yesterday nad not a bite. Sounds like we were using the right spinners though. I want a summer hog!!!!

Nice to see someone beside 5 Cents is getting fish. :wink:

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Small Fry,
Haven't tried spinners yet. Using hardware just as you would for URB's. Dark Greens, and Chartruese has been working really well and Dark Blue has been productive also 4 foot dropper with 5 foot leader in 18 to 30' of water. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Fshklr Thanks for the added tips. I ran a Chartruese woobler for most of the day on one rod. Thamks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts