IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today was the first time we had a chance to get out and try for summer Chinook and we had a bang up day :dance:

First we had a pep talk from our Carrot leader Osama Bin Bobby that went something like this...

You think these Chinooks are mighty? You would be wrong infidel. These Chinooks act mighty but they are full of nothing but hot air. They tell nothing but lies and mislead you. We must crush the summer Chinooks. They will tremble before us the mighty Team Carrots (including Bodey and Cracker Joe). They actually fear carrots but running will not help them. We must find the infidel Chinooks, bonk them on the head and place them in the ice….

Well as it turned out Osama Bin Bobby was correct, the Chinook could not hide but all the ones we landed had one too many fins, except for one, he had half a fin… DOH!

Got to the ramp at 0’ Dark Thirty. As we got up to the Shad Rack we saw a couple of boats fighting some fish so we decided to pull into an established line and anchor up. As most of you know that have fished this stretch of the river this is more easily said than done. After a couple of attempts we finally found a place for our anchor to stick and got to fishing. We needed about 250’ of my 300’ of rope to stick in 14’ of water… maybe some more chain will help on my next trip up there.

After our Osama pep talk we got our spinners in the water and about 15 min later fish on! Cracker Joe got his first, and my boats first summer salmon ever. It looks like Joes luck is turning around because it took him about 150 hours of fishing to get his first Springer.

It was a great battle and finally the infidel Chinook came to the net… one problem too many fins and back he went. It was a beauty of a fish that probably would have pushed just over 30 lbs.

We get back on anchor and XTC gets his pole back in the water before the rest of us and BAM fish on… this took a whole 10 seconds and 10 seconds later he came off. DARN. :mad:

We motor back up to anchor up again because 10 seconds of free drifting this stretch of the river moves you about 100 yards downstream. Finally ready to get back in the water and XTC yells “Infidel On” again. He got this one while back bouncing his spinner… this took a whole 3 seconds and you guessed it 3 seconds later the fish comes off. DOUBLE DARN. :mad: At least this time we did not have the time to drop off.

Meanwhile on the droughter side of the boat where Bodey and I where fishing nothing was going on. Bodey and I were lamenting about our sad situation when BAM Bodey’s rod burries. Joe saw it, then Osama Bin Bobby saw it, then Chris saw it, then I saw it… oh yea then Bodey finally figured out it was his rod we were all looking at and shouting about. This infidel fought very hard but was no match for our techniques. Problem was it was misclipped… TRIPLE DARN… :mad: at least we took a picture of this one.

Back on anchor and after a while Bodey gets another pound down. Infidel on! Wait… Infidel off! He reels in and there is a nice little pigtail on the end of his leader. Darn slipknots, I guess they aren’t for fishing.

We had a lot more laughs and a couple of drivebys but that was it. Bodey it was great meeting you and if you ever need a ride jus tlet me know! Fished 14 feet of water on the Shad Rack. Winner spinners were red/brass and red/white 50/50.

·
Registered
22,376 Posts
Ever try carrot crackers? :shocked: Texture not to smooth and they taste stale. Might want to sharpen the hooks kids. The fish came prepared for battle and you brought dull weapons of mass distruction. Have pitty on your souls. :grin:

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
An "in-the-water" photo will please Allah more greatly.

I love these illustrated tales.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
congrats on the fish
:cheers: , let me know if the carrot milk goes on the market :grin: , how was the wind :shrug:

·
Registered
14,816 Posts
Thanks for the entertainment and honest report.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess our scud hooks did need sharpening and our scud knots needed strengthening. We have another date for Friday to rectify things! :grin:

Quick Fisher,

The wind was not bad at all. My boat is a kite with a big top and we were not swaying at all... maybe 5 MPH.

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
You guy's are awsome. :bowdown: Can I follow you guy's around sometime?
I always seem to do good in your spots. :wink:

Thanks for the report.

Remember my buddy that got his limit by 7:15 that one morning when we followed you? He was in that same spot last week. Had six take downs, One hook up and crackered it. All before noon.

Now I ask myself where do I fish?????

·
Registered
591 Posts
I bet you goofs spend hours in front of the mirror looking at yourself. Maybe you should try your luck in hollywood. :tongue:

Matt

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Steve... Wow I had not tried out there yet but I think I will :grin:

Fish Hawk, that picture of Osama Bin Bobby was just off the cuff. We always kid him about looking like a terrorist and with the Captain Midnight Glasses and the towel it just topped it off!

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
How about posting a picture of your spinners.

I headed out Saturday to fish the tide. I'll let you know how we do.

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
Great Post! :laugh: thanks again for the trip 5 Cents and I had a great time and enjoyed meeting you and Joe. Really looking forward to tomorrow I hope Bin Bobby gets to come help us in our true and just fight against those infidel salmon I know we are due for a nice keeper :grin:

[ 06-26-2003, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Boedy ]

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Team Carrot, you guys need your own weekly column like Hogmaster! I'm personally quite jealous I don't get to fish near as often as you guys. Dang.....I need to find a way to retire. Work keeps getting in the way.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
It's great, you guys even make a picnic out of catch and release of over finned fish and crackering a few.

Keep up the info and pictures.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I always wondered why I got funny looks at the airport :shocked: ........I had a blast, like always!
Thanks Carrot Bros. :cheers:

Hey Boe,

I'm glad you got your 1st salmon and Shad (for 2003)

way cool...

Bobby

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I spend minutes a day in front of the mirror, and at least an hour vomiting afterwards!

:wink:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Holly Cow Elvis is back in the house :dance: :dance: :dance:

What do you say Elvis, blow off work tomorrow and fish :grin:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts