IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a buddy and his son (from Oklahoma) sturgeon fishing Saturday. We didn't get on the water until about 3, fished below Kelly Point. Within the first five minutes Mr. Oklahoma hooks and lands his first keeper size sturgeon.... a 42". All together he caught three keepers the best one was also the last, a 45" that decided to treat us to some acrobatics, he came all the way out of the water shaking his head trying to throw the hook. What a treat! My boat seems to be hot for rookies this year, he was the second to catch his first keeper sturgeon this year. Too bad I wasn't as lucky in the catching department, I only caught one shaker and it was the smallest fish of the day. Oh well it was worth it just watching a buddy have a great day. Smelt or squid did the trick.
Now I need to get these guys into oversize sturgeon, they thought they had a battle with the little guys! :shocked:

Scott

·
Registered
815 Posts
Ya know, I think it's way more fun being with a cracker on his first real fish that catching it yourself. I'll bet they'll be back.

Terry

[ 05-11-2003, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Terry H ]

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure they will. I agree with you too, it was way more fun watching a new guy catch his first keeper. The only problem is I created one more sturgeon fisherman on the water.......oh well, one more guy I can get a report from! :grin:

Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts