IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good ways to cook sturgeon. I do not have a deep fryer. Only an air fryer. All the recipes I find online are just typical fish and chips. But I believe sturgeon have to be prepped properly... any recipes and prep will help. Grilled, fried, baked, air fried etc

· Registered
1,768 Posts
First off don't try to cook and eat it the first day. I usually wait 24 to 48 hours to allow the muscles to relax and begin to break down. Sturgeon are more mammal meat like than other fish.
I think sturgeon is best smoked otherwise standard recipes work well. Such as grilling or wrapping in foil and baking and especially those that call for marinading.
I do have to add that because Sturgeon are "bottom" feeders they pick up a lot of contaminates so follow guidelines on the amount and frequency of consumption.

· Registered
1,695 Posts
In my experience, Sturgeon does not bake well. Faster methods of cooking are highly preferred! Most of the time it was pan fried, deep fried and smoked.
When I was a lot younger we ate a lot of sturgeon, and my parents were looking for a way to mix it up a bit. Baking it was tried once and never again. Rubbery, chewy mess.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts