IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone see the article in todays columbian??..... 15 people arrested, some in vancouver.. for catching oversize sturgeon and selling the eggs!!...... now thats some justice!!

[ 05-10-2003, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: invader ]

·
Registered
209 Posts
good to see our tax dollers at work.
i glad they got caught!

·
Registered
13,253 Posts
Link to Oregonian Article from 5/10

Greed is a bad thing, and when the outlaws can harvest an oversized sturgeon and sell the caviar for up to $100,000 they get to do the time when caught.

I hope they throw the key away.

Makes you wonder how many big females they have harvested and how many more people are doing the same thing right now.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Arrested is one thing, appropriate justice is another. When the dust settles they will most likely recieve a fine of little consequence and suspension of thier hunting and fishing privledges. Big Whoop!!! They probably don't buy tags to begin with. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest some rather un-P.C. ideas. How about permanent deportation for starters for those who immigrated here after ****** thier own homeland waters and fields. We had better put some bite into our game laws now while we still have sustainable game to protect. :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
absolute scum! Hope they really put a hurt on the people. Very sad that some many big beautiful females had to die, they really are the future of this fishery. Go easy on them in the coming months. They are a blast to fight, but take good care to land quickly, have sturdy gear and tackle so you don't leave one to trail around and ingest
a hook, leader and weight.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well it somewhat up to us to help report them if we see them....... someone must have seen some of these people catching this many five foot sturgeon ----- bringing in a big fish like that kinda draws attention on the river!!...............john

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
is it easy to tell if they are male or female or do they have to cut them to find out? i am sure the meat is not very good when they get that big.

they caught these guys but i am sure there are people out doing the same thing or planning to. this is why we need to keep our eyes open for suspicious behavior.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Originally posted by devonian:
is it easy to tell if they are male or female or do they have to cut them to find out? i am sure the meat is not very good when they get that big.

they caught these guys but i am sure there are people out doing the same thing or planning to. this is why we need to keep our eyes open for suspicious behavior.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">You mean, like people asking how to tell the males and females apart? :wink:

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Not funny at all even if you know the person :shrug: .
People get the wrong idea when they read things like that.

fishalot

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
years ago when you could bring home a 72 " fish the meat was great!!....... but i never knew what i had male or female......... never saw any eggs!!!!!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
they deserve what they are going to get to bad it won't be enough the law is'nt tough enough for idiots like that

·
Registered
522 Posts
If these fish were cought form a boat, the boat shoud be seized, and sold. Also autos used to transport the fish, and the roe. The jails might be to full to take them into custady but things can be seized, just like drug dealers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts