IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught my first sturgeon on Tuesday! I went out with a friend that knows what he's doing and caught my first sturgeon. We were fishing below the dam (not sure exactly where since he drove his boat). In about 6 hours of fishing, we caught a 42", a 38", and about 4 smaller ones. What a great experience!

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
My bad, post retracted. Congrats

[ 04-24-2003, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: willametteriveroutlaw ]

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Salmonman,
Probably few boats up there with it being closed to rentention. That 42incher would taste mighty good. Congrats! Bet it feels good to put another species under the old belt. Now you have to get one of those big 10-12 foot freight trains. That's some power!!!!

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Great day for you catching your first! :cheers: You know, now you will be hooked for life!!!!!!!!

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
So that's what they look like! :wink:

Good job on that first sturgeon, now you are hooked for life, wait until you catch an eight footer! WOOOHOOO!

Scott

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Finn-icky:
When did they open up the Columbia? It has been from Wauna on down stream. I guess I need to pay more attention.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">They haven't opened it. I never said we kept them, just measured, photoed and released!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Is the river not closed for sturgeon right now???

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
It's closed to retention, from Wauna up to Bonneville. But you can catch and release.

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hey Salmonman I,m on vacation next week I'll come down and talk tomorrow' maybe you can get out late next week and go Salmon fishing with my Dad and myself..... :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey sturgeonking! dont you get the skunk? :laugh:

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Salmonman...I re-read my post and didn't see anywhere that I accused you of anything. Perhaps you need to get a grip and not shout, very impolite and not normal for ifish. :hoboy: :sleep:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts