IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to fish it with my dad in hte 80's, it's all pretty shallow ,like a few feet deep. I wouldn't recomend a big boat in there.

It's been so long I can't help you with the access, stop by the ODFW check station when you get onto the island and pick up a map.

As for fish, lots of carp and catfish, we also caught a few perch. There's bass in there someplace :shrug:

Probably better places to try than there though...

·
Registered
17,225 Posts
Sturgeon could be a great warmwater fishery and was no doubt important off-channel habitat for juvenile salmonids at one time.

Unfortunately, it's been ruined by carp (who eat everything and keep it turbid) and the disruption of the lake's water flows.

The only true launch I can think of is out on Oak Island - and that's just rough gravel.

The adjacent Multnomah Channel and Gilbert River will like be much more productive fishing.

The ODFW Headquarters is about 2 miles over the bridge - just keep going straight - on your right.
(But I'm pretty sure they don't sell the ODFW parking pass, which can be picked up at the CrackerBarrel convenience store by the bridge)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know if Sturgeon Lake is open to the public? If so where is the best place to launch? Also if it is open to the public and you know what fish are in the lake I would appreciate that too. Thanks for your time.

Parke Humphrey-Keever

1 - 3 of 3 Posts