IFish.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are sturgeon spead through out the river. Back in the 50's I think ODFW planted a bunch of them. I know a couple of places that have some oversized (5 to 6 footer's) fish but I forget where that is. :wink:

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I found a deep hole below Wheatland when I hunted the river.Water is to low for me to get there this time of the year. There were always fish at the bottom of it.?? There are supposed to be sturgeon by Buena Vista ferry also. Some deep spots there.I heard they were planted in large numbers.

[ 07-16-2003, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: trap50 ]

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Okay, a friend just caught a 39" shaker :cheers: below the bridges in Salem, and got me to thinking. I wonder how many sturgeon are down there, and if they're spread out all over the river, and how high upriver they are.

Does anyone have any insight to this?
Perhaps where some sturgeon might lay in this area? ...shakers or not, ITS THE CHALLENGE!!

Thanks for any feedback, or email me!

Sublime

[ 07-16-2003, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Sublime ]

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have heard rumor that there is some big sturgeon around Albany but have never tried to fish for them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
rumor has it that if u go far enough up rickreal creek and fish hotshots, many 10-15 footers are in that creek.
go give it a shot, and u might just get lucky........

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
They are supposedly in a hole just above the Peoria launch. I found the hole but could not get my anchor to stick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts