IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know a good way to cook sturgeon on the bbq? or another way? im making my dad a fish dinner for fathers day. i need some good recipes.

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Take your fillet and drizzel olive oil onto both sides, add course salt such as kosher and some pepper from a pepper mill or grinder and grill.

for fancier fare, place the fillet in egg wash after seasoning and roll in shredded parmesan cheese refrigerate for an hr and then grill.
:cheers:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
They make great fish tacos as I found out last night. Cut your fillet in cubes, throw it in a frying pan with a little oil, as it starts to brown a bit add some taco meat seasoning. Use small tortillas filled with the meat, shreded letuce and what ever else you want. We like to use cucumbers and I usually make fresh mango and peach salsa or a dill and lime sauce to put on the tacos too. :cheers:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
I really like sturgeon piccata. Same piccata sauce you'd put on chicken. Lemon, white wine, capers, a little cornstarch. Broil the fish Very fillet with some butter and pepper. cover with the sauce when the fish is done. Don't over cook the fish, cook till just very firm. very good, simple, and the flavors work great together. Serve with a nice pino gris! Enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts