IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I live in Utah, and last week I caught my first sturgeon (on the Snake River south of Mountain Home, ID). I am interested in learning other methods and other places, perhaps closer to Utah, to fish for these amazing huge fish.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mojo has been extremely helpful -- for which I am most appreciative. If there are any others out there who fish for sturgeon in the Twin Falls, Burley, or American Falls area I would sure like to hear from you.

Thanks,

Kent

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Kentofnsl, What part of Utah are you from?

Born and raised in Midvale myself, fished everything from Powell to the high Uintas, Provo to the headwaters, Weber, Logan, Green, Jordan(as kids) and everything in between!

Smj

·
Registered
846 Posts
There are sturgeon holes located all along the Snake from Bliss downriver past Glenns Ferry to Hammett. Most of the guys that fish for them use "Morts" for bait. They purchase them from the commercial trout hatchery at Hagerman. My son fishes a thing they call the Hogmeister tradition every spring at Glenns Ferry, and then he comes over here for the summer and fishes sturgeon and later, salmon.

·
Registered
64 Posts
hey Kent;
Were you fishing with "Lundman"? He lives just outside of Salt Lake, and was just fishing the snake two weeks ago, after leaving the Columbia Gorge Hawg Mastering. We had a blast. He fishes somewhere every weekend, and knows the spots closer to your area. Let me know, maybe I can hook you guys up. :cheers:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, I was fishing with Lundman on the Snake River on his way back from fishing the Columbia for Salmon. It was one amazing fishing trip -- my first successful sturgeon trip. I caught a 48" and lost another much larger sturgeon on its third jump after fighting it for 40 minutes! He has been a tremondous help. Both he and Mojo fish near Mountain Home, and I am hoping to find some places to try that are even closer to Utah.

Kent

1 - 10 of 10 Posts