IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Memorial Day weekend we went Sturgeon fishing on Saturday ane Monday. On Saturday we headed out very early got to the launch 5:30 by Seven I hooked into a nice 45 inch fish that came out of the water twice and rapped the line around the anchor rope twice luck has it I use 80 lb tuff line so my line did not break. Boated the fish and got one more shaker that day. On Monday we got theire about the same time my dad boated a 44 inch sturgeon a friend fot a 43 they were both caught later in the day. Saturday Sandshrimp did the ticket on Monday anchovies did it. Of course my dad braged my fish on Sunday. Anyone else do ant good? Sorry could not get on the internet earlier.We were up stream of tongue point in shallow water.
Early to bed Early to rise fish all day make up lies
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">

·
Registered
49 Posts
Stugeonbait, where were you fishing? We went down Monday and went out of Warrenton. We were fishing by 6:45. We used sand shrimp, anchovies, smelt, squid, and shad for bait. We fished on the flats outside of Warrenton, over in Young's Bay, and above the bridge -- all on the Oregon side. We moved every 30 minutes to try to find the fish and marked very few. We quit at about 1:30 and never got a bite. We had charters and guide boats and many other boats around us and never saw a fish caught! In the areas we fished, it looked dead.

·
Registered
184 Posts
We were also there with limits by 6:30 Saturday and 10:00 Sunday. Look for break lines in the current. I fished in water from 3 to 10 feet always next to a place where the depth changed.
One word of caution I have an anchor on the bottom in Youngs bay because a fish ran a round my anchor rope and then made a run. It cut that rope cleaner than you could with a knife. I was also using Tuff line only in the 35 pound range and the fish was 57".

Good luck it took me a number of years to figure out these fish and thats when there was a lot less people out there and a lot more fish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts