IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sturgeon Fishin\' KP area

haven't been out in a while... i've got a new born and a 2 year old but, next weekend! what's the chances of gettin' a gator around the KP area say Sunday or there abouts? i'm hearing, not to good but hoping somebody might have some refreshing updated news.

if not KP, anywhere else close to the PTLD. area producing?

thanx in advance
sn

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Re: Sturgeon Fishin\' KP area

Lots of shakers... But not too much on the keepers. In fact, since the keeping season was reopened, I haven't had a keeper yet.

There are quite a few larger shakers though.

All my action has been on smelt, but then again, that's kind of misleading, as that's the only thing I've used.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts

My husband and I fished KP area on friday and saturday. Didn't do too well on friday, only got 9 between us. On saturday we did better, 22 between the two of us. They were mostly pretty good size, only a couple real dinks. There were several in the 38"-41" range. And one I would bet money that it was a keeper, but we didn't measure because we weren't going to keep them unless they were over 50". We used smelt, and pickled squid. They seemed to prefer the squid over the smelt.
Have fun!!

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

Dipnet,
That sounds like last year. About this time or maybe a few weeks later, we suddenly were able to pick up a lot more bites on squid. Maybe its time to switch again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts