IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the bad news from Sam that on the dept. of fish and wildlife, Oregon,. that the estuary will close for retention at midnight next Friday. Just a heads up for everyone.Glad were going down tonight.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is this closure from Bonne to the I-5 bridge , or is this the enitre fishery? I was planning some vecation arround the 4-th and was hoping to get in some last minute stocking up of the freezer........this could change everything. Thanx for any information you might have. Zig

P.S.--I checked the W.D.F.W's site and it had no mention of a closure under emergency regulations changes????? Maybe the info is to new to have updated on their site.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
The notice was also in the Cloumbian this morning.
It opens from I-5 to Bonniville on July 1 for retention.They should have never split the river
for retention all it did was cause a lot of people that fish up here to go down there now after the closure there all going to come up here and we might face an early closure :mad: I really don't thing the people in charge have the foggist idea of whats going on out there.Some <person who I don't agree with> makes a suggestion and they think it sounds good and jump ,on it and we ALL end up paying the price. :mad: I was hopeing to concentrate on salmon for awhilt but I think I'd better get with the sturgeon fishing as soon as it opens get my 5 or 6 then go back to salmon and steelhead.See ya on the river.
Bob

[ 06-21-2003, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: STGRule ]

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Originally posted by dawhunt:
I was hopeing to concentrate on salmon for awhilt but I think I'd better get with the sturgeon fishing as soon as it opens get my 5 or 6 then go back to salmon and steelhead.See ya on the river.
Bob
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">It is unfortunate that it has to be that way but I feel the same. Use to be I didn't feel like I had better keep a keeper because if I wanted one I could just go get one. Now you almost feel like you better keep what you can get because you never know when it will open and how long it will stay open. I would not be suprised to see it stay closed untill August of September after they come back to us and say...woops sorry guys but the charters grossly overharvested and it was better than we expected so you have to stay closed another month or 3. :mad:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I would not be suprised to see it stay closed untill August of September after they come back to us and say...woops sorry guys but the charters grossly overharvested and it was better than we expected so you have to stay closed another month or 3.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Fish_on that would not suprise me at all :hoboy: I feel the same way you do about this issue. Get them while you can :grin:

[ 06-21-2003, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Quick Fisher ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.