IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out with Degner, his father and XTC today for the maiden voyage of Degners new Boice Jet.

Launched out of Cathedral Park and tried our luck on the CR before heading back down into the Willamette. Managed around 20 + shakers a small keeper and this big fellow that couldn’t help taking a big bite out of Degners dads smelt.

I know it’s a bad pic but I think you can see by its tail that it was one big hoss. Have digital video of it that is even better so I will try to get a better pic of it when I get a copy of the tape.

Funny thing was that we all had lighter salmon rods out but for Matt’s Dad who had a brand new Tiger Stick with a new Okuma reel on it. Good thing it hit that one as I am sure my Abu would have melted down. I’m afraid that the Okuma didn’t fair much better in the end as the drag stopped working after the battle.

Pretty memorable trip for a first time in a new boat. That boice jet rocks FYI.

Thanks XTC for the pointers and for lending us some of that Carrot milk :grin:

[ 01-19-2004, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Boedy ]

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Who would do that to such a gorgeous boat :tongue:

Man, that green and yellow is God awful :wink:

Looks like you guys had a great time.

Krue

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Nice job fellows :cheers:

We hooked into Moby Dick last Sunday in the Willy. My new amb. 7000 didn't like it much and thankfully the 4/0 hook bent enough to free him. Plenty of fish in the Willy to be had, I wouldn't waste my time on the CR until she warms up a little.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Saw you guys on the run at KP. Yep, Boice Jets ROCK!!!

Congrats on the biggun. :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
What is the size of your boat and motor? I have a 20' BoiceJet that looks awfully familiar to yours. The Boice boats handle the water pretty well don't they? Can you feel the difference with the radius bottom and wave cutter bow? It seems like mine rides pretty nice through even big water.

You might have posted this before, but I didn't see it. Thanks again for the repeat.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I guess you could always paint it Orange and Black when it stops catching fish :cheers:

Nice job on the fish, and thanks for the report.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Nice Boice Degner. :bowdown: Even nicer big yellow O emblem on the back! :grin: I don't even know this guy, but he's gotta be a good man being a U of O fan.

-jokester

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
Awwww, that's fantastic!!!

good report, too. :wink: :wink:

TR

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ChinookSlayer, It’s a 23 footer with a 350 F.I inboard.

And yes I can tell the difference on how it rides. It is very smooth on the water doesn’t slap the wakes rather it cut’s through them. Truly one of if not the nicest riding jets I have rode in.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
pretty ride !!! what type of jet did you get and how high are the sides??? :cheers:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
:cheers:

Super nice paint job too

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Yep :dance:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts