IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We use the Stihl FS250 and Husqvarna Brush cutters .
Have used the fixed line cutter heads ,Auto cutter heads .Stihl poly blade /fixed cutter head.
We like to use .105,.130 &.150 .Cant use steel blades ,because we are prepping structures during wild land fires ,and the poly line is more versatile around unknown obstacles..Sometimes we need Brysh cutters where my heavy equipment can’t maneuver ..Any fixed heads and lines you use .We have been using the serrated Stihl And Husqvarna platinum .I have been hearing ok reviews on the rotary type lines .
I’m sure some ifishers are more in the know than us .Our equipment gets us by ,but I’m sure there is something better out there to look into .

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I use an Stihl Autocut 36-2 on my FS 250 when I don’t have a blade on it. I run .105 Oregon Magnum Gatorline square in it, because I had a big spool when I bought the trimmer. (It’s cute that this machine is called a trimmer).
I believe the head I have can accept up to .130” line. It is a vegetation destroying machine with only death on its mind. There is no better that I am aware of!

I’ve only used the string setup on heavy grass and light brush (small diameter green blackberry shoots), as I throw the blade on when the going gets tough. I’ve had no problems with the auto feed feature.

Originally had a head that I had to insert string chunks in, but what a waste! Buying 8” pieces (or even making my own) just to throw out 1/2 of it seemed silly. I just wind about 20’ on the spool and go ham.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Now that I think of it, I should probably sell my FS 250. Since I bought the tractor, I don’t use it for blackberry maintenance anymore. I just use my little Husqvarna around the flower beds and for edging…

·
Registered
991 Posts
Put a sting attach on my DR brush beast . 15hp was too much and just never got it to work right. Tried their string 5hp was Ok but with my fs131 and husky mower was just as fast plus the wife has a Club Cadet and she does a good job.
Hard to find a 65yr old women who loves to mow 3ac of lawn
Brush hog on the small Kubota does all the field mowing on 30ac just wish I could put a mower on the front of my l48 it does have a 4/1 just don't know if the pump can handle it and a Cat 305cr with a mower would be a dream come true
Seem like you have it dialed in Cat

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use an Stihl Autocut 36-2 on my FS 250 when I don’t have a blade on it. I run .105 Oregon Magnum Gatorline square in it, because I had a big spool when I bought the trimmer. (It’s cute that this machine is called a trimmer).
I believe the head I have can accept up to .130” line. It is a vegetation destroying machine with only death on its mind. There is no better that I am aware of!

I’ve only used the string setup on heavy grass and light brush (small diameter green blackberry shoots), as I throw the blade on when the going gets tough. I’ve had no problems with the auto feed feature.

Originally had a head that I had to insert string chunks in, but what a waste! Buying 8” pieces (or even making my own) just to throw out 1/2 of it seemed silly. I just wind about 20’ on the spool and go ham.
Put a sting attach on my DR brush beast . 15hp was too much and just never got it to work right. Tried their string 5hp was Ok but with my fs131 and husky mower was just as fast plus the wife has a Club Cadet and she does a good job.
Hard to find a 65yr old women who loves to mow 3ac of lawn
Brush hog on the small Kubota does all the field mowing on 30ac just wish I could put a mower on the front of my l48 it does have a 4/1 just don't know if the pump can handle it and a Cat 305cr with a mower would be a dream come true
Seem like you have it dialed in Cat
Had to buy three of these Weed Wackers in December ,,,for the hurricane work I was asked to help with ,no line needed with these Bad Boyz .Have some that will work on 15K lb.mini ex.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface Asphalt Vehicle

·
Registered
991 Posts
Watched one on a 18k Kubota incredible work they can do. Im old but did clear 5ac by hand of black berries on the property in my creek with a pole saw and the Stihl with blade. Berries were 20ft+ and climbing thru the limbs. Crossbow and fire
Too steep for a ex and to wet. Ask the Mexicans in the vineyard if they would help for a couple of days with pay and said no way amigo Just finished in Feb. Took 3yrs between other commitments
Priced one of those Fecon for a 308 I almost bought. If you bought 3 thats some serious cash flow

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ll hire you and your Bride to clear for us .Keep up the good work .Everyone wants to be superintendent on the first day .Take all precautions when handling/around those sprays .Sounds like your place is a park .Mastecator heads a tough to get and of course the ones I get went up 12k each .My son bought a dedicated Fecon track machine ,it’s has everything you need to eat acres in minutes .Hopefully my son and some of his investors will buy me out soon 🤔😂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts