IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I could get off my lazy arse and do the research myself but in this case think I'll get better information than on my own. I have grown to really dislike SiriusXM's business practices. Years ago I had to jump through hoops to cancel my subscription. The last three trucks I bought all came with so called free service for a few months. Last December I bought a 2021 Ram 1500 that came with 3 months. I recently found a need for a more heavy duty rig so traded it for a 2500 Diesel which also came with 3 months. In between I took advantage of a promotion for a one year subscription. To make a long story short when I tried to change the year subscription over they refused to do that unless I paid more money. Ended up cancelling and got my refund. Now I'm hoping to find a service similar that I can turn too. Now that I have more free time on my hands and work out at the gym 3 days a week, having tunes while doing so has become very enjoyable. So what service do you use via wifi for music. Podcasts is another area I would be interested in.

·
Registered
tuners, steeltrouts, anything goes
1,917 Posts
Spotify has pretty much become the standard. The premium subscription can get you any and all music you could ever want. You can pick from "radio" stations based on artists or songs you like, listen to any album you can ever think to look for, or find playlists other people made.

Edit: your truck should have a Spotify app installed or it can run it from your phone via link cable or play from bluetooth.

·
Registered
9,233 Posts
I’m not sure you’ll find someone who has business practices you like, but TuneIn is a phone app that has podcasts and live shows from many outlets. It also has sports coverage.

I also use Amazone Prime Music which is free if you have an Amazon Prime account and you can download music to use when you have no internet connection or out of cell range.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Amazon Prime is my choice. Been using it for years with no complaints. I like how much control you have over your free downloads and their computer mixes are really good.
I carry a Bluetooth speaker in the boat and it works great

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Been using YouTube music for a few years now. Been happy with it so far. Offers the ability to download songs or Playlist for offline listening and a bunch of streaming options too.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39,373 Posts
Pandora at home. Create your own stations.

BDJr. Thanks for the spotify suggestion. I'll have wife look into it. She's tired of dealing with Sirius.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Spotify or Pandora have free as well as paid streaming services. My daughter gave the rest of us Premium Spotify for Christmas last year. I had no idea it was so cool without ads! Might be able to use a data cable from a smartphone to play it in your truck. Bluetooth if primarily used for connecting accessories like headphones and speakers to the smartphone.

·
Registered
9,648 Posts
We have Sirius on our Jeep but I also have Pandora on my phone that I Bluetooth to the Jeep. When traveling through areas where the signal goes in and out I switch to Pandora .Also have a portable Bluetooth speaker that I use with Pandora when working in the yard. will most likely drop Sirius .

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
I would say Spotify or Amazon Prime for music. That's all I ever use, anymore. I like being able to make my own Playlist, but what I love waaaay more is that you get to hear far more artists that are not played on the radios. There's so much more music out there to enjoy if you use streaming music. When in the boat, I take my little JBL Boom speaker and there's your stereo. Easy peasy.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
I guess I could get off my lazy arse and do the research myself but in this case think I'll get better information than on my own. I have grown to really dislike SiriusXM's business practices. Years ago I had to jump through hoops to cancel my subscription. The last three trucks I bought all came with so called free service for a few months. Last December I bought a 2021 Ram 1500 that came with 3 months. I recently found a need for a more heavy duty rig so traded it for a 2500 Diesel which also came with 3 months. In between I took advantage of a promotion for a one year subscription. To make a long story short when I tried to change the year subscription over they refused to do that unless I paid more money. Ended up cancelling and got my refund. Now I'm hoping to find a service similar that I can turn too. Now that I have more free time on my hands and work out at the gym 3 days a week, having tunes while doing so has become very enjoyable. So what service do you use via wifi for music. Podcasts is another area I would be interested in.
radioparadise can be great if you like the music they play

·
Registered
10,329 Posts
Spotify has top selling versions of songs and rarer songs . Pandora and iTunes did not.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
In addition to the ones mentioned you can also check out the iHeartradio app. Not quite as customizable as Spotify or Pandora but once you save some stations you like you cash just listen to live radio and podcasts around the country.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
In addition to the ones mentioned you can also check out the iHeartradio app. Not quite as customizable as Spotify or Pandora but once you save some stations you like you cash just listen to live radio and podcasts around the country.
Yep. Use iheart radio to listen to Outdoor GPS on Rip City radio in the boat. It uses a lot less data than Facebook Live. Outdoor GPS hasn't been been on Rip City radio for a month or two now.

Anyone know if you can do audio only on Facebook Live?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Spotify or Pandora have free as well as paid streaming services. My daughter gave the rest of us Premium Spotify for Christmas last year. I had no idea it was so cool without ads! Might be able to use a data cable from a smartphone to play it in your truck. Bluetooth if primarily used for connecting accessories like headphones and speakers to the smartphone.
Was just at Elk camp for a week and played my Pandora basic paid service I have whenever I had service I had anything and everything and whenever I was out of service it automatically switches to "offline" mode all through bluetooth and works great

·
Registered
951 Posts
I use Amazon prime, but I hate the interface. Too complicated, too many options. I just want a simple list of all my albums. Play, pause, etc. I miss cassettes.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I feel for the people who have listened to audio that comes from outer space. It is probably too late as I am sure the aliens have taken over their minds.

I use Amazon at home, but when in the car, I use a usb flash drive that has much of my CD collection ripped and converted to mp3.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts