IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an idea for stopping snaggers. I'm going to go up there with a blue fox, and try to hook a few bright silvers in a place where I can keep them. Maybe some of you could give me a few tips on how to catch them, as a means of stopping snaggers?! Maybe they're just off the bite, but I'm gonna give it a go. Thanks for any help. Tight lines, TOC.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I have a co-worker (a non fisherman) who lives on the Washougal. He's commented a number of times over the last two weeks about the large number of snaggers he watches from his back yard. He tells me that most are Russians. He's even had his fences torn down as people tromp across his property to get to the water. He's pretty disgusted by the whole thing.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Skrimmy,he needs to call the Washougal police dept
if their trespassing on his property.Also the WDFW
and complain and ***** and yell untill they do something.You've got to get them off their butt
before they'll do anything.I made phone calls and sent e-mails and then told them they didn't have any b---- and then after about 500 people e-mailed them or called,I was told they came down and issued over 250 tickets.Its very frustating when their snagging all up the river and nothing is being down by the WDFW !!!.I know the chief of police in Washougal(he's elk hunting right now)
and he has NO USE !! for snaggers,I'm sure the police dept will help your friend out. :grin:
Bob

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The thing of it is that they need to patrol it EVERY DAY and right tickets EVERY DAY and not just once and a while :mad: . The fish cops just pop out every now and then, they need to be more aggresive. They need to be handing 200 plus tickets a day this is good revenue for the state I,m getting sick and tired of seeing those people on my way to work standing there in that little stream up from the mouth with there lines in the water that are not MOVING :mad: they all should be handed nice little coupons to take home and then go to court and pay a hefty fine!!! the law is the law! I,ve had it! thanks for letting me vent- out.
Mike

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
I watched a guy snag and release a Tule today behind the bowling alley. Was hoping, to let my lab do a few retrieves, but it was not to be. Saw a few guys fishing above 3rd St bridge from the rocks.

TOC...I can give you more than a handful of places to try. PM or email me and I will tell you how to get there. I will be interested in the results. Good luck. :wink:

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I went up to the shoug today, and was interested in what sorta gamey activity there had been. I guess they had come 3 times already today (this was at 1) and they had been there yesterday, they'll hide in the woods and videotape, then come out and write tickets! The guys there were saying lots of citations. However, they said that gamies were being somewhat tolerable, it's sorta like minors at parties, you just can't bust them all, so get the ones that are blatantly drunk (or snagging) I guess :shrug: . Anyway, I barely even wetted my blue fox, will try later. TOC

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Toc- make sure you change your hooks over to siwash on your blue foxes. Pretty soon from the oak park bridge on down will be full of silvers that would be a great place to elbow in throw some blades. Heck I might be down there doing the same thing. :grin:

If you dont feel a good bite dont set it.

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mic- already been done man, gone to the Gami siwashes. Lol, I'm so slow on the hook set, it never happens anyway until there's a pretty long tug anyway. Haha, tight lines, TOC.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Toc Dawhunt-
I have very good news concerning the snagging on the Washougal,I got a report that some of the key lowlifes are finally getting some tickets, I'm so happy :smile: :smile: I heard from a reliable source that a few of the guys have got more than one ticket so they could lose there licence. These lowlifes were the same ones who were snagging steelhead all summer long and also walking around wearing bait boxes when there was a BAIT BAN! :whazzup: And to top it off one of most blaitnt of snaggers (I wont mention his name but he drives a army green suburban) was talked to for over an hour and hasn't been back since. I know this isn't a hudge breakthrough but maybe a start. :smile:

To fish are not to fish- I chose to fish.

·
Registered
81 Posts
fished the Wahougal last friday behing the alley and the snaggers were in full force...the lower river had fish everywhere but slow biters...the snaggers seemed to have a field day with no enforcement present

·
Registered
135 Posts
the guy who you are talking about drives an old green sub., the same guy the news people interview on the north fork lewis is his name name Will, AKA "Snagger Will"? I hate those guys so much

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's some positive info: word from the snaggers is that the gamis are visiting the 'shoug about three times a day. Also, I was at the NFL @ Cedar Creek on Saturday morning, fishing right at the mouth of the creek off the rocks (Downstream side.) I'm getting in deer hunting mode, so when I heard the brush snap in the woods behind me I whipped around to see the tan color of a nice, big, game warden! I gave him the nod and watched as he kept an eye on the snaggers with his bino's until a couple people had kept foul hooked fish, he walked up to the road, crossed the creek and came down behind them. The funny part was they didn't even know he was RIGHT behind them for a while, then he started to cite them. It was the highlight of my day!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts