IFish.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early on Thanksgiving I'm heading out with high hopes. Last Saturday I pegged my first winter steelie of the year. He was only a little native about 20 inches, but he may as well have been 20 pounds. It didnt matter. He was chrome, he wiggled, and he nailed my eggs.
Now that I got the first one of the year out of the way, I'm feeling pretty blessed and I want to give a little gift since we're nearing the holliday season. I'm planing on taking my 15 year old sister out with me before the big meal to see if I can put her on her first winter slime rocket ever. I figure a bobber and jig set at the right depth should keep her out of trouble and keep me fishing instead of retieing.
The point I'm trying to get at is that if she nails one, no matter how many jigs I lose or how many times I have to retie her stuff, it will be the best gift I could ever give to her and really the best gift that could be given to me. Nothing is better than helping someone get a fish. I just want to encourage every one to try and go out of your way this holliday season to do something nice for someone else. Even if its something as simple as taking someone that has no idea how to fish out with you for a day. It might be the perfect thing for their life and it will make you feel like a true hero for a day. Tight Lines and God Bless.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts