IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,767 Posts
The fried in butter technique in a cast iron frying pan is a Fishing Guides method for a stream side lunch. Tastes great. You can use flour, or corn meal, instead of breading and add some seasoning to it.

Also use a foil wrap on the grill or oven. Put a half slice of lemon inside along with some dried onion flakes and a seasoning of your choice. I like Johnny Salt. Cook for about 20 minutes.....varies with size of fish. It bakes-steams them in their own juices. Open the foil and eat. I like to take the skin off, eat the top side, lift the bones out and eat the other side, roll up the foil an in the trash with it.

· Registered
5,795 Posts
Yeah, I smoke all the planted trout my son and I get now also. Let them dry out in the smoker and then use the meat in salads, cream cheese spread, etc. I just find the meat of them to blah and mushy for pan frying. Heads and guts get buried under the tomato plants, they seem to like them.

· Registered
18 Posts
I throw them whole into a zip lock with Jerk sauce to marinate for 30 minutes, then smoke or grill them, no foil. Let the skin get crispy on both sides. Take the skin off, flake up the meat, throw onto a warm corn tortilla with vinegar slaw, and Mango salsa. Top with more Jerk sauce. Serve with a Mexican Lager, Saison, or an IPA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts